Dogs of PWDs and their pictures :-)

My 2 basset hounds.

pup

10 Likes

Another CutiePie!!:slight_smile:

2 Likes

My little mongrelsā€¦Sam & Kitsune

2 Likes

@MaryPat, I have 2 shiba inus, Sam (male/16) and Kitsune (female/12). They are extremely pack structured, and a bit of a handful at times. Never a dull moment. They always treat my wife and I like rock stars!

2 Likes

@Bradford, your basset hounds are both beautiful!

2 Likes

@TravelingOn, canā€™t wait to see some good pics!

My dog Bailey also has a weird attitude to strangers. he will bark hard (a deep, dark, frightening bark and sometimes a growl) when he sees strangers outside the door. But once they are inside he is all over them trying to get pettedā€¦

3 Likes

@elver, did you mean to post a pic?

We had very dear friends with Akitas, whose dogs we loved. These Akitas took a long time to warm up to us: years, really. My experience with Shiba Inus is that they are more ebullient and friendlier with strangers. Both breeds I find truly beautiful.

It is only when getting familiar with Akitas that I found out that there are bears in Japan, btw. I had no idea (Akitas can be used as bear dogs).

2 Likes

I attempted to post a pic, but obviously goofed somehow. Tried using the
upload buttonā€¦Is there a better way?

2 Likes

IMHO, sounds like Bailey is protecting hearth and home and is a little intimidated until he realizes itā€™s ok.

2 Likes

The upload button works if the jpeg is small enough (we have to pay for image storage). First you click on ā€œchoose filesā€, then on ā€œupload:ā€ many people forget to click on ā€œupload.ā€

If you have a hard time, PM me, I will process the image and post it in your post!

@MaryPat, there are 3 breeds that genetically are closely intertwined in Japan - Shiba (of which there is only one real strain left), Hokkeido, and Akita. Since most of the dogs were starving after the war, many servicemen took them home. In the US Akita was commonly crossbred with Mastiff altering their size and temperment. Shibas have been genetically groomed to have that ā€œTeddy Bearā€ face, and Hokkeido remain largely elusive outside of Japan. All 3 breeds are like a cat in a dog suit, and Shiba rules them all (Napolean complex).

2 Likes

The easiest way to ensure your photo is small enough, is to take a screen grab of your picture and then copy paste it into the entry dialog. If you donā€™t have snag-it, Greenshot is a freeware tool that does this well.

1 Like

Upload is the correct method for uploading pics for display. Just click Upload, then click the ā€œchoose filesā€ button and drill down to your image, attach it, then click the Upload button. If you did it correct, the image should appear on the right hand side (preview screen) before you click the Reply button to make the actual post.

1 Like

Gracie Lou Beenoodle Poodle

Our 10 year old Bernoodle

7 Likes

Kitsune

Sam

6 Likes

How interesting! I am familiar with the Akita and the Shiba Inu, but not the Hokkeido. Is that by any chance another Japanese name for the Ainu?

@Sam, your bernoodle looks like it has a great sense of humor, like its owner :smile:

You should post some more pics!

@elver, your Sam and your Kitsune are truly gorgeous!

(edit) Your Kitsune looks particularly mischievous :grinning:

That is exactly how I was able to upload mine. Not very intuitive, however.

1 Like

Iā€™m having the same issue and I reduced the size of my image by making an iPhone screenshot of it (which has worked in the pastā€¦?)

2 Likes

Hereā€™s Maple!

(I took a screenshot of the screenshot!)

9 Likes

What a lovely little gal (guy?) Maple is!