DN’s Running and Other Mishaps Thread

@TravelingOn, absolutely no such thing as hogging someone else’s thread…I enjoy the company anyway. :heart:

5 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

My endo didn’t say that. I had to come up with that ridiculous rule all by myself. But a 300 was even safer. And I’d STILL plummet to a 40. :woman_facepalming:

He taught me, too. He also gave me back running. I was done with it because it was just more harmful than helpful. That’s no longer true. Now that I can do it all with a good blood sugar, it means I benefit to the fullest. I went out for my 8 mile run today, new route, all decked out in meters, gels, and test strip holders, and felt in control. I do love that feeling.

@Eric… I hope you’re hearing all of this. :heart:

Feels like crap. :smiley:

3 Likes

That’s interesting… and maybe something I’ve managed to avoid by being so far from perfect it really wasn’t worth shooting for. :smiley:

Seriously, the whole coffee thing meant I had to learn how to start workouts at different kinds of ranges. Because of the kids and my schedule, there was no waiting until things were looking better. I could only do what I could do, and when it was time to start, start. It irritated me that it was this way, but I wonder if it hasn’t helped me learn how to adjust what I do to fit the situation. I remember saying a while back that I would like to not be as good at doing that and better at doing everything the right and predictable way, but to hear you describing this makes me question that thought. I do like being able to respond appropriately. And the only way I’ve learned it is through regularly being off. :smiley:

You’re not hogging my thread, @daisymae. Every time I talk to Eric he talks about how far you’ve come and all of the work you’ve put in. I’m honored when I see you’ve been around. :heart:

4 Likes

Yesterday’s run… Friday evening.

40-45 min @ target 9:20ish/mile

No ZB
Cutting basal at start
Starting BG: 114…
Decided to head back home and have a banana. Added about 1/2 mile walk.

True Starting BG: 117
Mi 1: 114
Mi 2: 99
*Huma
.15 unit bolus
Mi 3: 93
Mi 4: 97
Mi 4.7: done
Total 41:20. RPE was like 4. Felt like I was cruising.

5 Likes

Saturday June 14 long run outside

No ZB
Cutting it at start
Having banana

Starting BG: 126
Mi 1: 112
Mi 2: 94
*Huma
Mi 3: 94
Mi 4: 95
Mi 5: 75
*Huma
Mi 6: 77
Mi 7: 69
Mi 8: 77 finish

Home: 117
3 units
Yogurt

Found an 8 mile loop from house. Loved it, but it was the first time I’ve had to deal with traffic lights— had to stop twice. Kinda didn’t feel like starting again.

Total time 1:13 for 8 miles. RPE… was a little tired today.

4 Likes

Cool about the loop! I love loops. It’s a large joke at our house. Why go out and back when you could see new stuff the whole time!

And you made it home so you started up again! You could use the lights to practice your dancing? Just a thought.

1 Like

Same here. This essentially meant I could not run! Try running at 200 and see how much energy you have! Your thread @daisymae @Nickyghaleb and @Eric’s recommendations also got me back to enjoying my runs! Thank you all!!

6 Likes

There’s not a day I run down the street I don’t consider deeply the possibility of breaking out into dance. Not a day. One day I’m gonna do it, and a light seems like the perfect opportunity. Great idea. :grin:

1 Like

my god; what awesome numbers! you are totally rocking it!!!

i am currently home sick with some bad case of Sinusitis and am on a strong antibiotic. feel like crap. dont know how on earth i got sick; i am such a healthy person! :wink:

am on a 120% TB and having to do quite a few IM injections (in my R Calve muscle, which seems to be my most effective location for immediate responce). i am drinking tons of water and trying to sleep thorugh as much as possible. thank God that my PCP’s nurse practitioner’s son is a T1D who wears both a pump and a Dexcom. she is fluent in all the lingo and very knowledgable about coping with my situation. (and she is kind and patient as well.) arent i the lucky one!! :sunny:

4 Likes

How are you feeling now?? Hope you’re better???

1 Like

Still at it. Just going to post numbers and get out the door for today’s…

June 16
No ZB
Starting BG: 161
Mi 1: 120
*Cut basal at half mile
Mi 2: 83
*Huma
Mi 3: 65
*Transcend
Mi 4: 80
*Resume basal

June 17
35-40 min @ 9:23

15 min ZB
Stable 110ish
Starting BG: 114
*Huma
Mi 1: 96
Mi 2: 70
*Huma
Mi 3: 59
Mi 4: 52
Mi 4.25 finish
*2 sugar tabs
*Resume basal
*1.4 unit pump bolus

Thursday, June 20:
Speed workout
No ZB so cutting basal at start
141… so having a banana and going

Starting BG: 141
Mi 1: 130
Mi 2: 118
Mi 3: 76
*Huma
Mi 4: 150
*Resume basal
*.2 unit bolus
Mi 5: 110 finish
Walk half
I unit bolus

Friday, 6/21
Outdoor 40 min @9:15/mi

Starting BG: 169
Mi 1: 153
Mi 2: 94
*Huma
Mi 3: 79
Mi 4.75: 69 finish and walk a mile

Saturday, 6/22
Long run outside ~7 mi & 9:15/mi
20 min ZB but had half banana and was at 193
Walked almost half mile to start but had to turn around for lancets
169 on walk back up again

Starting BG: 189
Mi 1: 180
Mi 2: 150
Mi 3: 140
*Huma
Mi 4: 119
Mi 5: 124
Mi 6: 98
Mi 7: 91 finish
*Resume basal
walk a mile

Monday, June 24
Approx 30 min ZB
Banana at start

Starting BG: 110
Mi 1: 95
Mi 2: 81
*Huma
Mi 3: 84
Mi 4: 91
Mi 5: 90
*2 sugar tabs
Mi 6: 80
Mi 6.5 —-
*resume basal
Mi 7: 79 finish
Walk 1/4

Haven’t been putting in too much thought into prep, and although that is okay, I have seen a fairly big fall between start and finish on a consistent basis. It has not meant the runs were impossible, but it also hasn’t helped.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for keeping us posted on your rins!! I really enjoy following along!

Yes, I agree, run prep is almost indispensible. Too bad because it really is hard to do! I often don’t know when I can actually get out the door for a run, or manage to have stable bgs before a run, just about the most important criteria for a run!!

Great runs this week! Keep it up!!

6 Likes

It IS! I’m always impressed by you guys!

Those look like great runs @Nickyghaleb! Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Hi…

Am I allowed to do this? :grinning:

I put lines between the days and also put the days in bold. You know…so you’d keep track of the days. :wink:

If you need to push this back until next week, you can do that. Lemme know.

2 Likes

Been hoping you would. :hugs:

That’s great. Now if I can just figure out how to remember what day of the week it is…

Having some groin swelling checked out now. Carried in my see through backpack with syringes, vials of insulin, meters, an emergency card, some Type 1 Diabetic identification, a beeping pump, and numerous sensors all over the backs of my arms. So I have been identified as a diabetic and will not be enrolled in any studies here.

That’s a true story, but hopefully I’ll find out what’s going on with the old troublemaker hip—and will be released back into the wild where I can go for my run. I’d like not to have to pick this up next week. I’m excited about today’s.

Glad you’re back. Hope you’re well rested and ready to get back to work. :grin:

3 Likes

:hugs:

Yes, well rested. I have been taking it very easy for a few months as you know. :rofl:

3 Likes

Okay. You’ve been asking about my Thursday run… since Thursday.

Tuesday, June 25 indoor 5 mi @ 6.4
No ZB—never cut basal
Starting bg 144
Mi 1: 156
Mi 2: 143
Mi 3: 118
*Huma
Mi 4: 104
Mi 5: 82

Thursday, June 27
Indoor tough run @7.7 for 3/4 mi with 1:00 jog X3
No ZB
Cutting basal at start
Starting BG: 152
Mi 1: 137
Mi 1.25: 119
*Huma
Mi 2: 99
Mi 3: 82
*Huma
Mi 4: 94
Mi 5: 77
*Resume basal
Mi 5.75: 61 finish and walk
Mi 6: finish

June 28 indoor
Ate bread and crap no ZB (all day to Maryland and to Target and blah)

Starting BG 198
.4 pump bolus at start
Mi 1: 183
Mi 2: 128
*Huma
Mi 3: 83
Tried a GU
Mi 4: 62

June 29 indoor 8 mi @ 9:23/mi

No ZB
Starting bG: 190 :grimacing:
Mi 1: 155
Mi 2: 124
Mi 2.75: —
*Huma
Mi 3: 84
Mi 4: 103
Mi 5: 96
Mi 6: 104
*Huma
.1 unit bolus
Mi 7: 105
Mi 8: 108
*Resume basal

Monday july 1
Indoor 3 X 1 mile @ 7.5 1 min jog between
(1 hr no basal an hour ago with basal IQ)
Stopping basal at start
Starting BG: 170
Mi 1: 150
Mi 2: 114
Mi 2.5: —
*Huma
Mi 3: 93
Mi 4: 89
Mi 5: 105
Mi 6: 105
*Resume basal
Mi 6.3- finish

Today felt great. Saturday felt great. Pretty much this last week has been great.

Great, great, great. :thinking:

2 Likes

Shoudn’t it be:

Great, great, great. :grinning:

What are you thinking about?

1 Like

Just life.

:thinking:

And now I’m thinking about it all again… dammit, Eric. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

@Nickyghaleb I believe this is where someone chimes in and suggests just running and not thinking?

5 Likes