Discussion of the food known as instant ramen noodles

That packaged ramen crap that is highly processed sugar in the form of noodles with added fat to make bolusing inconsistent. I can understand why you would avoid that. I have made home-made Ramen and can attest that it doesn’t react at all like the fast just add water Ramen noodles in my very hungry diabetic.

2 Likes

I’ll have to try to make my own ramen. I do love to cook! Packaged ramen is also packed full of sodium.

1 Like

If you have a pressure cooker it becomes a manageable 2-3 hour adventure. If you go with the traditional pot method, it is an all day affair. Both are worth it.

Just look at the numbers on these bags of crap (that’s what I call them) :smiley:

1 Like

They shouldn’t even be allowed to call that food.

2 Likes

There’s a ramen shop opening up here in a few weeks and my husband is excited because the shop will offer a gluten free menu and side orders of broth, proteins, and veg. Since you make your own ramen, I’m betting you and Cody have come up with good carb estimates for the broth and noodles and a bolusing strategy for the meal. Suggestions appreciated! :fondue: