Diabetes and starting school: difficult choices?

My dad had 6 sons, then 2 daughters, then closed it off with another son. She’s doing a “different diet” this time around…one that she’s read is more conducive to a female being conceived. We’ll see. We’ve discussed whether it’s “responsible” or “insane” to attempt another, but we decided that we aren’t going to let “life” and poor luck change our resolve. We can care fine for all of our children and it’s not driving us totally insane, so we’re giving it one more shot. Some would probably say we’re crazy though after having had a child with cancer, a child with autism and now a son with Type 1 diabetes. (but I’ve never given a damn what others think of me…don’t think I’ll start anytime soon.) :smiley: (Note: Yay! I got to use one of the approved curse words!!!)

We both have huge families (I have 9 siblings, my wife has 7), so we’re used to the dynamic. It’s just the financial part that makes us carefully consider having more. Now with T1, that’s really my underlying consideration even more than the financial part because the emotional toll of T1 alone is more than all other medical (or other) issues our family has ever had…combined.