Dexcom insight

It’s about how you hold the skin/ sensor around it. I mean we do it all the time. I don’t know if it’s more uncomfortable than using the lever, but Samson never complains.
For you guys there’s limited utility as far as I can tell, as you’re not making nearly as many dosing decisions off the numbers. So if you feel uncomfortable doing it I’d just not.

1 Like

My 12-year old son has no problem doing it without the lever. Getting the knack is not hard. Even I can do it:-)

I have a harder time removing the transmitter :slight_smile:

The skin on a 12-year old son is much tougher than the skin on a 3 year old toddler. It’s not so much an issue of “I can’t do it”; rather, more of an issue of the pain/damage it may inflict upon him by doing so.

1 Like

So, tonight for the first time we actually transferred a dead transmitter with a new one. It was pretty tough…I’ll tell you why. If you can imagine rolling dough to bake some bread. Then form that dough into the shape of a tiny arm. Then imagine pushing and prying that dough ball enough to pull off a transmitter and push a new one onto the dough. :smiley: Yes, his soft small arms made it exceptionally hard for my wife and I to do this…but we did it. I was doing as recommended here with pushing up the skin to make her pushing and pulling easier and less stressful for Liam, but his soft skin and his small arms really made it tough!

But we succeeded so that’s the key! :stuck_out_tongue: We now have the 2 hour warm-up and (crossing fingers) that we’re a go.

1 Like

Poor little guy.
:worried:

He deserves a treat for that!

2 Likes

He got some N & Ms (it’s what he calls them) :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes