Dexcom G6 - no calibrations and other questions

Yup. I experience this more frequently than I’d like to admit.

I’m definitely having to work on my fear factor as my boys get busier lives generating a lot of schedule pressure…and I have more work responsibilities popping up on my calendar at times that I don’t get to set. I’m struggling with deciding to take on a major volunteer position or not bc of the added schedule pressure. Meetings, especially with Alpha Moms, spike me like crazy.

5 Likes

This happens to me too, so now if I feel panicky I check my BG. I’ve taken alprazalam for anxiety for years, and it really worked, but now I don’t like the way it makes my head feel so I’m on an “exit” taper.
One thing that amazingly really helps anxiety for me is controlled breathing. Just breathe in for a count of 4, and breathe out for a count of 4. Repeat several times. There are lots of breathing “schedules” out there, but this simple one has helped me. I had to practice it until it came more naturally. It (and prayer) has helped me cut the alprazalam to 1/3 of my original dose. And I’m still slowly working down (under Dr supervision).
Try the breathing!

6 Likes