Dexcom: another DOA transmitter

Want me to overnight you a new and unused one I have? You can send me the replacement Dex sends you when you get it.

I know you are good for it. :wink:

1 Like

So nice! But no worries – I already ordered one next day, should get it hopefully tomorrow or next day!

1 Like

Despite my personal struggles with the sometimes wacky readings, Dexcom support has always been top-shelf in my experience.

2 Likes

100% true for me too!

Hi…i am a new user here. As per my knowledge the G5 transmitter would appear to be already powered on when it leaves the factory although in very low power mode and waiting for a BLE pairing request.Between the G4 and G5, it would appear the G5 has a larger power drain then the G4 while sitting on the shelf. Still a small power drain but likely enough to make a difference in G4 vs G5 shelf life.

pcb assembly

1 Like

Welcome @CoraDias! Glad you found us. Yes, I believe what you are saying is correct, although it may just be that the battery in the G4 is bigger and so the effect is less pronounced.

Background drain in electronic devices is certainly a concern. In a former company I used to work for, they spent millions of dollars minimizing the drain at rest to try and get longer dating on the product which translates into less expired product.

Feel free to post in the Welcome thread, and thanks for joining.

1 Like

Hi @CoraDias, welcome!

There is no doubt that there is some power drain in the G5 that makes it quite unlikely that you will go the full 90 days if starting it past a year after manufacturing date.