Changing my lancet with Daylight Savings Time

Thanks for the reminder @CatLady! I’m going to change my lancet too since I’m changing everything else. 🥸🤣

3 Likes

Damn, I think I’m out of lancets🤣

5 Likes

I’ve got several thousand of them … be happy to share :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

What is the main reason why people seldom change lancets? I feel like I’m the only one in the diaverse who consistently changes lancets after use.

5 Likes

For me it was just something that happened over the years. Maybe it was just diabetes rebellion🤣.To be honest I really never thought about it until someone mentioned online and I was like hey I do the same thing.

Probably goes along with a few other things some of us do…

-I haven’t used alcohol swabs in probably 30 years.
-When I was on injections I would reuse syringes.
-Injections through clothing.(I never did that one but know a lot do).

7 Likes

not only do I rarely change lancets, but I infrequently change the needle on my pen (which I use for IM injections only…which I do rather often)

and to make matters worse, I must admit that when I was on MDI, I would inject through my jeans and reuse syringes.

I know this has nothing to do with this thread, but hey, ya know, I felt obligated to admit my neglectful ways…

Happy Halloween Everyone (don’t forget to keep those masks on and wipe down your candy treats )

8 Likes

I change mine every couple weeks

Change my bolus pen needle every day. Usually.

I change my basal pen needles every time since it’s a 1x daily I just throw each one away after use

5 Likes

I wait till mine get dull and they hurt too much. something to remind me how slick I can b despite having D :rofl:

8 Likes

All:

Yes, for me the 5-10 lancets that you get with a new meter is nearly a lifetime supply … and I’m a “licker” too. But between the G6 and Medicare rules, I don’t do many BGM tests anymore …

Stay safe and enjoy that extra hour of sleep!

John

5 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Daylight savings time ends tonight (November 1st) in the US

Thanks for opening the confession booth! I’m cheap and a reuser too of lancets and syringes.

3 Likes

I love this real discussion! I remember my diabetes educator freaked out when I told her I didn’t change the needles on my pens very often. I started changing more often but have slowly gone back to my original ways. Oh I love fudiabetes, thank you to everyone of us for the love and support.
Cheers

3 Likes

When my son was diagnosed about 5 years ago, our diabetes educator is the one who introduced us to the lack of need to changing them too often :slight_smile:

My son keeps on using a lancet until it gets too blunt. That takes weeks for him. For pen needles, he changes them more often but they still last a good bit of time.

2 Likes

When I was injecting I never changed them; one pen, one needle thread together 'til death did them part, one to the trash can, t’other to the sharps bin.

1 Like