CGM alarms and time-in-range study

Here’s an abstract of a recent analysis of CGM use among T1Ds:

3 Likes

Thanks! It would be interesting to hear what people have their alarms set for.

My low alarm is 55.
My high alarm is (normally) set at 140.

I really like 55/130 at night and 55/120 at day because it seems like the upward movement can have a bit of a lag.

Overall, this has been good for sleep although lately number has been rising around 11 pm so haven’t quite figured out the best strategy for that yet.

1 Like

What is not described in the link is how people are interacting and using the CGM. I don’t just wait for an alarm, if I see it going from 90 to 100, I’ll hit it.

More glances at the CGM - regardless of the settings - can make a huge difference.

These are some of the intricacies that are not always explored and analyzed in studies like this.

2 Likes

Yes exactly it seems that the non-diabetics tend to make those types of assumptions.

1 Like

During the day I have low at 85 and high at 130. At night I have low at 65 and high at 150. The day settings prompt me to take a look when interesting trends might be getting underway that I don’t already know about (because of inattention.) The night settings enable me to sleep except when I really should intervene: they are not merely informational, they are “action required.”

3 Likes

I have my Dexcom app urgent low set at 55, and all other alerts off. This is one of the best features about xDrip+, alarms can be completely turned off, or set to a user’s comfort zone, including the urgent low alarm.

Same here!