CatLady’s Yoga Thread

Which model did you get? How do you like it?

I got the oldest (cheapest!) compatible model, Series 1. It’s been a big help to me for all kinds of activities so I am not always having to tug my phone out of a pocket/purse. (I think that will be a real asset for cross-country skiing this winter.) Set-up had some quirks. :scream_cat: :smiley_cat: Battery life is good (2 days) and the watch charges quickly. Alerts with a quiet tone and a haptic signal. I haven’t worn a watch in years so I have been pleasantly surprised to find myself enjoying wearing it. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

I don’t know how the watches are setup for Dex. I know you can get the time by just looking at the watch, but do you need to push a button to see your BG number?

I came up with a cool workaround on the old Dex receiver that let me see the BG number every 5 minutes without any button pushes needed. It seemed like a good trick to use for exercise. I don’t use Dex for running anymore, but there may be a similar thing you can do with the watch if it does not show you the BG number by itself.

1 Like

Turns out that depends on which watch face you choose: not all can display the Dex “complication”. If I want more than just the current reading, Wiith one tap it displays right away (the Dex app is the first item on my dock) so I can see the trend info (same as on the Dex receiver). Sometimes it takes two taps (coincides, I think, with the app’s 5 minute update intervals).

1 Like

Do you always have to tap for it?

No, the current number displays on the watchface but if you want to see a trend line or it shows 3 dots (updating) then yes, you must tap. Not all the watch faces will show the Dex info; those that do are shown on the Dex support page.

1 Like

If you have a low or high alarm, does it automatically show, or do you need to tap it?

1 Like

LOL, that’s the cool thing, ping and tap often occur before the alarm sounds on the phone!

1 Like

The opening quotation for class tonight is from Jack Kornfield’s charming book, Buddha’s Little Instruction Book:

“Whatever we cultivate in times of ease, we gather as strength for times of change.”

Namaste!

5 Likes

This thread is always looking for some good quotes:
forum.fudiabetes.org/t/the-occasional-sports-exercise-quote
:wink:

Another reason to do yoga:

2 Likes