Basal profiles in Loop

Is there an easier way to manage basal profiles in Loop?

Every once-in-a-while I need to use a different basal profile. Loop only lets me have 1 basal profile. Not sure if there is a better way of doing this, like if you can save a basal profile or import a basal profile, or whatever.

What I am doing now is taking a screenshot of the basal rates and then making the changes to the basal profile. When I am ready to go back, I look at the screenshot and put the basal profile back to the way it was.

There’s gotta be a better way!

Anyone?

Thanks!

3 Likes

@Eric I believe the current Loop_dev version has multiple profile capability. If it isn’t in dev, then it’s a Loop patch available. This would require re-building, but it might be what you’re looking for. You can do a search for “profiles” on Loop Zulip Chat by clicking: Log in | Zulip.
(You may need to be logged in for that link to work!)

4 Likes

I wasn’t aware of that as I’m on master. Multiple profiles would definitely be useful for me, too. For now, i just use overrides.

1 Like

I suspect it just depends on the specific implementation; AAPS (which is technically OpenAPS, not Loop) has multiple profiles and it is a couple of keystrokes to swap them. The profiles are complete profiles; not just basal, every variable can be changed and can be set on an hour-by-hour basis. Yet I never do that, I just have one profile, I don’t set hour-by-hour and with the latest implementation I’ve not found any reason to override it.

I suspect this is the way things will go. The iLet system seems to use a set of presets and then, like AAPS, uses the feedback loop to correct for changes and lack of information (e.g. forgetting to tell the system that you just ate a big meal.)