Bad endos

not to rub salt on the wound, but this fabulous new endo actually called me back yesterday to see how i was doing after our intro session and wanted to know if i needed any insulin supplies called into the pharmacy. HOLY S. this guy is absolute gold. or better :platinum. :smile:

in all of my years with that old idiot endo, not once did he call me to see how i was doing or if there was anything he could help me with. this is stellar.

10 Likes

OMG. all i ever got from TuD was antagonistic criticism. i learned nothing from that site except to read a little of this and a little of that. it was, sadly, a terrible experience. i am sooooo grateful for finding FUD. it has been life changing :sunny:

3 Likes

To be fair - I mostly read old posts on the Flatliner’s thread and did not ask many questions.

But there are some nice people there too, like @Jen who helped me find a good endo. There also used to be a guy call @Sam m over there and a guy called @ClaudnDaye, and… hey wait all those people are here now :laughing:

7 Likes

Was I ever antagonistic or critical of you there on that lesser forum?

1 Like

@Sam Are we kinda zeroing in on the reason for the :ban_hammer: ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

no. it was almost always Marie. she treated me like an imbecile. i would ask a question on the chat room, and she would say things like “go read your pump manual.” and if i said some thing like i need to bolus for protein, she would say “no you don’t.” it was as if they had their clique of a secret club and i was deff not welcome.

1 Like

you betcha :wink:

Lol. Me neither. Oh well we learned from their mistakes. Admin here is not a secret club and you’re allowed to disagree with them.

3 Likes

i think that although uncomfortable, disagreements can be very helpful and educational :smile: . they just need to be stated appropriately without any blame or shaming attached.

6 Likes

SO WONDERFUL that you found this guy! If only the rest of us could be so lucky! I am so happy for you! Jessica

4 Likes

hey Jessica and friends, just to give you all a follow-up report on the new endo. my latest visit my A1c was 5%. we decided that i could wear a Sensor Libre for 2 weeks so that i could try out strange new foods and learn how to mess it up or succeed with regard to how i bolused for whatever i put into my mouth. so i went on a 2 week bender of pigging out of things i had otherwise been afraid to go near often.

the experiment went so well that we discussed my trying out the dexcom again. so, i am on the waiting list for the trial dex. this should be expected to happen in early March. i know that its waterproof (unlike the Sensor Libre) and could really help with my swimming plans, so i am a bit eager to try it out.

this new endo downloaded my Sensor trial and my A1c came back at 4.8 % OMG. unlike my old idiot endo, this one was thrilled with my management and, of course, with my A1c . (the old endo, if any of you remember, was unhappy when my % was under 7% b/c he thought it was too low and that it was dangerous for me) (what a ding-a-ling that guy was :wink: )

so, summing up, there are idiot endos out there, but if in pursuit of a good one, they do exist:smile:

11 Likes

I am so thrilled to read that!

DM, my goodness, this is OUTSTANDING!

You are the best. I am so pleased to read your update. I was driving long distance this morning, thinking about you and thinking that I needed to PM you, since we had not read from you for a long time! Such great news!

1 Like

This is amazing! So great to hear! And I LOVE imagining your two week BENDER! I am very happy for you and hope that the trial dex comes through for you quickly! xo - Jessica

1 Like

i guess there really is something to be said for good timing :blush: thanks for touching base with me.

i was on the dex for about 1.5 years a number of years ago (maybe 3?) but because of my low weight and my OCD (which caused me to check the receiver every other minute) i decided it was not for me. but after reading about all you other CGMers and eric’s push to try it once more, i thought i would give it a whirl. what have i got to lose, right?

2 Likes

I had a good laugh reading this, I can also imagine her! @JessicaD, how are you doing with endos?

@daisymae OMG is right! You are a Superstar!

3 Likes

i cant take all the credit here. you guys have pulled me along with your encouragement and great cheers. it really makes a difference when you have other people in your corner. i know how hard i have worked for this, and i have to say that it hasnt taken many sacrifices, just unlimited determination.

thanks so much,
DM

5 Likes

I eagerly look forward to this. My hope is that your experience with tuning your management of swimming has prepared you for the process of learning how to work effectively with the CGM. What I mean is that when you started the swimming thread there were lots of disappointments when things weren’t working, but over time you got it dialed in. Similarly with the CGM there can be a big change from the initial experience and where you can get to after learning how to work with it. We’ll all try to help.

2 Likes

thank you. the swimming is one of the reasons that i thought that it would help me. but, one step at a time. first i’ve got to do the trial run. i do hope everything works out well, though. it would be nice to have made some progress, especially where my OCD is concerned. the only thing that keeps me from going ahead 100% is that i keep my D in such tight control w/out the CGM.

1 Like

@daisymae, my hope is with @bkh: we’ll help as much as we can!