Article about glycosylation

Unfortunately the school I went to taught Greek and Latin to the age of 13 instead of science and I just never caught up so all the the stuff above is incredibly difficult to follow. However I think the sort of conclusions you are coming to reflect a lot of articles I read a few years ago from the natural health guys which basically said avoid all hydroginated food.

This seemed to mean that most things that have been cooked and gone brown e.g. cakes, bread, biscuits, pizza fried (broiled) stuff messed up your cardio vascular system thickened your arteries etc. If you must cook with oil use one with a high hydrogenation point e.g. rapeseed.

It also points you in the direction of the Mediterranean diet high in vegetables, fruits, legumes, nuts, beans, cereals, grains, fish, and unsaturated fats such as olive oil. It usually includes a low intake of meat and dairy foods. Not sure about tomatoes :grinning:

From time to time I try to go this way but much easier in the Summer than when it is cold.

Although I suppose pizza is part of the Mediterranean diet :sunglasses:

@Katers87 this site has a good look at substances regarding AGE/RAGE etc.

I use these on a consistent basis:

Taurine
Carnosine
Thiamine, Benfotiamine
Methylated B’s
Carnitines
Cinnamon
Ginger
Tomato Paste - also boosts skin collagen, muscles

Along with other natural compounds/foods for insurance.

1 Like