Amazon - Pharmacy

Oct 27, 2017

According to a review of records by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Amazon has received approval for wholesale pharmacy licenses in at least 12 states, including Nevada, Arizona, North Dakota, Louisiana, Alabama, New Jersey, Michigan, Connecticut, Idaho, New Hampshire, Oregon and Tennessee.
An application is currently pending in the state of Maine.

St.Louis Post-Dispatch: Amazon gains wholesale pharmacy licenses in multiple states

2 Likes

Thanks!

Not sure if they will be getting into things like shipping pump supplies, but I hope so.

If you combine the customer service experience you get at the DMV, the post office, and traffic court you have…Edgepark!

1 Like

Is somebody a frequent flyer in traffic court?

:wink:

No, but I have been in my lifetime.

[sarcastic font] And it’s the same sweet smiling and helpful people who are in traffic court or the DMV or Edgepark. Always very happy to help and super pleasant to talk to! [/sarcastic font]

2 Likes

On a somewhat related note, CVS is apparently in talks to buy Aetna.
For a ridiculous amount of money.

According to The Wall Street Journal, CVS Health is in talks to buy Aetna for about $200 a share or $67 billion (a 25% premium prior to news, 19.7 times the consensus estimate 2018 earnings per share).

http://www.barrons.com/articles/amazon-is-the-x-factor-in-cvs-aetna-1509374965

Amazon is a phenomenal company. Unfortunately with pharmacies though they’re still at the mercy of the payer (insurance) so their customers will be pretty much forever unhappy until that changes. And that can’t change unless drugs normal people need are priced at a level that normal people can afford.

1 Like