Amazon does something right

8 Likes

This is similar good news.

I have been using offer for novolog for 3 vials for $99 for several years, based on post by @Eric.
I prefer novolog, but not on my insurance formulary.

https://forum.fudiabetes.org/t/novocares-insulin-savings-program-only-33-a-vial/

5 Likes

Thanks for posting this! I wonder if we oldsters on Medicare will be eligible for Amazon discounted prices?

I like the expansive list of pharmacy discounts that Amazon is planning…”Amazon Pharmacy will also automatically apply available discounts to diabetes-related medical devices from manufacturers Dexcom and Insulet, including continuous glucose monitors and pumps.”

4 Likes

It looks like coupons can not be used if you are on government programs like Medicare. And without using insurance on the CGM’s, they are a lot more expensive than Costco etc.

4 Likes

My insurance company (moda) is currently enforcing $30/prescription/month; so that’s $60 on MDI but $30 on a pump. The Wyden Medicare deal, as I understand it, is better; $30/insulins/month, so same for MDI as pump (the bit in the bill to extend this to everyone got forced out by those opposed to it).

I don’t recall if the final bill covered Medicaid but I think not. My insurance companies compromise is, I suspect, entirely voluntary, as in holding-your-breath voluntary. (Although, I admit, they are an insurance company who I would vote for.)