A day below 100

What’s your opinion on hypo unawareness then?

If people are having hypoglycemia symptoms, and are not aware that it’s because of their blood sugar, they are hypo unaware… that may be an oversimplification… also would add that if they’re having major and profound hypoglycemia without early warning symptoms it may be an issue of unawareness of the earlier symptoms. The focus is far to much on the number though, particularly in a world where we’re measuring that number with devices with a +/- 15% error for most users and significantly more error for some users

1 Like

There is a lot of truth there. When home blood glucose meters were not yet available, there was only one way to know you were low, and that was to know you were low.

@Eric amirite?

2 Likes

That’s mostly how I still do it…
:rofl:

One of my symptoms for low, or decreasing BG’s is the feeling of jitteriness. Does anyone else feel this way when their BG is low, or perhaps fast decreasing, around 1.2 to 2 hours after bolusing(I use MDI, and do not wear my Dexcom)? On some days, if I had too much caffeinated coffee, I also can feel jittery and check my BG, and it is fine. So…I’m pretty much drinking decaf espresso’s.

I never quite understood the purpose of drinking decaffeinated coffee. :cheeky:

It’s for the taste and smell. I love having decaf espresso with a small piece of dark chocolate. Some do like and want the caffeine. I’m sensitive to “too much” caffeine (more than 2 espresso’s or 2 coffees and I tend to feel jittery.) Although as with all “substance”, the more I drink, my tolerance will build up.

1 Like

@docslotnick - As long as you understand the concept/purpose of drinking non-alcoholic beer then decaffeinated coffee becomes obvious.
Failure to understand the one typically involves failure to understand the second.

1 Like

Yeah, I really like the taste and smell of coffee too. But without my morning caffeine jolt I’d probably have a staff mutiny by 10am.

1 Like

I have been drinking decaf for almost 15 years, I love the taste and smell, but the caffeine I can do without.

1 Like

For some, “coffee” and coffee breaks are more of a ritual, or tradition. Does that make sense?

i can’t handle anything with much caffein in it. if i have a Diet Pepsi, thats about all i can take. but i do LOVE a decaf Bustello, very very strong, with Lindt chocolate with Sea Salt. mmmmm. (and the salt makes all the difference :wink: .)