WHAT PAINKILLERS to take while you have Covid?

WHAT PAINKILLERS to take while you have Covid?

Can someone take what a diabetic is allowed to take while having covid?

what painkillers, what pills, what medications to reduce temperature

The answer to this question seems to be a mystery, there is lots of contradicting online contradictions, medicine companies tell you to contact the doctors, most of doctors never read leaflets, tell you to contact info line, infoline does not tell you anything and tell you to ask doctors etc

please share your experience and advice thanks

1 Like

Do you have a CGM? If so acetaminophen in large doses may be out depending on which companies CGM you are using. And Wecome to FUD!

3 Likes

I alternated between Tylenol and Advil. That is a fairly common tactic to use, because it allows for a little bit of time overlap between the two. Like you can overlap the time by an hour or so. If you take only one type, you are supposed to wait until it is completely finished before you take it again.

Aspirin is not recommended for it.

The only reason I took them was for fever, but I think it is the same for pain.

6 Likes

We use this tactic with our children when they are running very high fevers. If you alternate (we alternate between Advil and Motrin) you can use them once every 4 hours instead of using only one and having to wait 6 hours.

Of course I’m thinking of children’s medicines but I’m guessing at least the same holds for the adult versions. Lol

4 Likes

Do you mean Tylenol/acetaminophen? Advil and Motrin are just two brands of ibuprofen, so it’s the same drug. For an adult, you can dose ibuprofen every 4 hours though, especially in extreme need for short periods of time. Prescription-strength is 800mg (4 pills) every 4-6 hours. You can also take ibuprofen and acetaminophen simultaneously perfectly safely—I do this for extreme pain, 800mg ibuprofen every 4 hours, and 1000mg (2 pills) of acetaminophen every 6 hours, especially since I can’t tolerate opiates at all. It’s not something you want to do all the time, because these drugs put strain on your organs, but it’s a reasonable strategy for most people to deal with short term intense pain. Of course, if you have contraindications for either ibuprofen or acetaminophen use, then not so much.

8 Likes

Yes. I meant Motrin and Tylenol. Thanks!

2 Likes

I just used a warm bath. Worked like a charm :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I used Tylenol Cold and Flu (the one that makes you sleepy). I also had zinc lozenges for my throat. Lots of sleep, lots of fluids too. And hot showers and baths to keep the steam through my nasal passages. I suffer from sinus inflammation, so that step might be a me specific tactic.

1 Like