What bg information do you show your endos?

I’ve considered getting a new phone. I don’t tend to replace these until they’re basically breaking, so I still have the 5S. I wonder if it would be better on one of the newer iphones or on an android.

“HypoRepeat” can be used when you want extra alerts for severe low sensor glucose readings. This profile is like the normal profile, but it will keep repeating the fixed low alarm every 5 seconds until confirmed or until your sensor glucose reading rises above 55 mg/dL."

But again, this doesn’t work all that great for us at least.

1 Like

I also have the 5S and wonder about that. I do think I need a new phone but it’s just barely functional enough that there’s no urgency. And then wading into the “what phone do I buy” morass is so horrible I just stop before I get very far. Not to mention that new phones nowadays are about as expensive as a laptop used to be, and we have all these new house expenses…

1 Like

Right? It’s a nightmare. I don’t need all the new gadgets either, so I’d rather just buy a brand new 5S again with a new battery. Technology moves so fast though that I don’t think that’s a good idea… even if I could find one somewhere. Sometimes I wish technology wasn’t moving so quickly!

and also the 5S is normal-female-hand-sized — all the other ones look monstrous to me.

1 Like

I can’t find this on my phone. Do you know where it is? Is it only on the receiver?

Yes, my apologies. It’s a setting inside the “old style” receiver for the G5. Not sure if it’s even a thing in the new receiver or not.

1 Like

Ah, bummer. Well, thanks anyway!

1 Like

I show them the dex and give them the code to print whatever report they want. If I was struggling with something, I’d probably also print a report from predictbgl where I log carbs(some of the time)/insulin(most of the time) so they could give me better feedback. Mine looks about like yours except I’m dealing with evening lows right now instead of evening highs.

Man, that chart looks perfect to me!

haha! It’s funny how we each look at someone elses’ charts as perfect!

1 Like

My endo only talks about legalizing marijuana and unionizing hospital staff. Pretty sure I could give him a placemat from Denny’s and he wouldn’t notice that it wasn’t my Clarity report.

5 Likes

My data is for my benefit, not the doctors. I don’t let them download anything… that’s a huge waste of the valuable time I’m paying for. I discuss any concerns or problems im having and listen to their advice, that’s it… My data stays mine.

2 Likes

I usually print off a few specific anomalous days from the reports and mark them up with my notes ahead of time. I try to limit it to a few surprising or hard to correct highs and lows that I want to hear their perspective. Days when I know already why I went high or low, and my corrections worked, I just gloss over and don’t get into any details at my appts.

I kind of look at the 14 day Clarity report the same as an A1c, good at showing averages but glossing over the ups and downs. I spend most of my time with Clarity trying to learn from the highs and lows.

1 Like

@Katers87 Tidepool is free and also allows merged data source info. I gave my CDE/Endo team the login creds so they can check whenever they want. Typically I will get feedback every 2 to 4 weeks from them

1 Like

I give mine the 14-day nightscout percentile report. I have brought other documents but that is the only one he looks at. He likes to keep a copy for his file.

I used to be amazed by people’s 14 day clarity reports but then realized that they only showed the 75th percentile which is nice but definitely
Hides the occasional spikes. Then again if you are making adjustments it is good to filter out the outliers.

I also use the 7-day xdrip+ chart but it is not enough days to hide those highs and it shows the 10/90 percentiles which hide nothing.

I am doing not so well too :slight_smile: been meaning to lower that late afternoon basal and increase some other segments… lazy me.

Screenshot_2018-05-16-20-27-54

2 Likes

My 5s failed completely two weeks ago (!!!) and I was totally bummed! I did go ahead and replace it with the 8 but there is also a model SE that is the size of the 5s with the innards of a 6. I am getting used to the 8 but don’t like the placement of the power button on the right side…right where I grab it when I pick it up. But the new phone is much faster with terrific battery life for running the Dex app.

1 Like

But the new phone is much faster with terrific battery life for running the Dex app.

The thing with battery life is that it always starts out awesome for me – at least with iPhones – but it quickly goes south. Is the 8 more immune to that do you think?

Did you try it and did it work for you guys?

It did seem MUCH louder. Samson still had a low though because he left his room to sleep on our bedroom floor and he wasn’t getting data for a while. I think our no data alert is set to too long of an interval.

1 Like