What Are Some of Your Favorite Foods to Correct a Low?

Hmm, good question. I just assumed it was like the cheese, which effects me the same way. But you are right, maybe I have an immune reaction to both! :frowning: I donā€™t have any other odd symptom from eating either of these items. Iā€™ll google this and see what pops up. I love both of these so hope I donā€™t have to give them up. If it is just glucose spikes, Iā€™m used to that!

1 Like

arent we all :rofl: but, btw, i have the same problem with cheese, only its a delayed reaction (probably bc of all the fat) i can eat a cube of cheese at 4pm, and then at 6pm (or sometimes later) i can go from 70 to 120. (i never bolus for a cube of cheese. perhaps i should reconsider this :laughing:

1 Like

Interesting! A real pain, isnā€™t it!!! Mine is an immediate rise, maybe up 100 if I donā€™t bolus :frowning: Course, if Iā€™m already low or going low, it is a good thing to eat.

I mean, if itā€™s not otherwise causing problems, no need to stop eating them (would just keep an eye out in case that changes), but I donā€™t think itā€™s possible that that type of spiking from those foods are just via direct metabolism.

1 Like

Yes, that was my thinking, too. I donā€™t see anything googling on cheese or tomatoes causing this problem :frowning: For now, Iā€™ll just use them as my go to Low food :smirk: Thanks for your input on this.

2 Likes

for crashing, something like cheese would never work. i need fast carbs then. but if i am slowly going low, a piece of cheese is perfect. if i want to eat cheese, i need to bolus for it; but, bc i have yet to figure out how much insulin i need for cheese, i just eat it and then later do any needed corrections. call me crazy lazy :yum:

1 Like

One of my favorites too, for meals too.

Just had a few home grown yellow cherry tomatoes, they are the best, and sweetest.!

20190816_194843|500x500

1 Like

@MM2 I have yellow ones, too! Tiny, but sweet and.delicious! :tomato:

1 Like