What Age Should We Stop

:smile:

This can also be true with the Omnipod: when my son is turned over on his pump side, it can sometimes be hard to get the over-the-air connection to the remote, and you have to move it around like a wand searching for waterā€¦

2 Likes

There is an age where this becomes difficult, though, I think: conflict is difficult to deal with when you get into puberty. Our kids (all of them) tend to automatically take a position opposite ours when we argue. It is particularly true of boys and their father, in our household, or, I imagine, everywhere. This could be a life-and-death issue with diabetes. So we have been careful never to get diabetes into a generational conflict situation at home.

As a matter of fact, the most success that my husband has had in convincing my boys to take on an activity has been by never suggesting they take it upā€¦

But Liam is not there yet, so you have a lot of time to figure it out!

2 Likes

I agree with your sentiment on the boys/father conflict, or teen boys and everybody conflict which is the way it seems some of the time with those hormones raging.

In our house, the way we have handled this is to ask our son to set the goals, ideally with no input from us, then all we do is make sure there is a system in place to hold him accountable to his decision. We also ask that he tell us when he changes the goals, although we havenā€™t always been successful with this part.

5 Likes