Welcome, introduce yourself here!

@Alex27

Welcome! You might recall that I PM’d you on Eric’s behalf over at that other D site. :wink:

Nothing springs to mind at the moment. Although I’ve been thinking of a “Dx’d Over 30” thread. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello!

I’m back in the world of the living once again and am beyond happy to be here where PWD and free speech are welcome.

I’m going to take a look around and add my 2 cents to some discussions.

It’s great to see a lot of my “old” D-buddies!

Rose

14 Likes

Welcome, @rgcainmd/:rose:!

I told you she was good for a comeback!

2 Likes

Nice to see your smiling face, Captain Sam! It’s so nice to be talking with you on this Forum instead of about you on the other forum.

5 Likes

Really glad you found your way over here. Looking forward to many more discussions.

1 Like

Rose? Hmmm…name sounds familiar, just can’t place it…
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Thanks for getting on here so I don’t have to get after you.

4 Likes

There you are, Eric! Many thanks for you know what (and the little extra gift)! My daughter and I both appreciate your generosity and thoughtfulness!

Rose

2 Likes

They can’t take away my smile… especially now that you’re here

1 Like

A special Thank You to Sam, Eric, and Michel, who hounded me relentlessly until I removed my head from the sands of despair and found my way back to my dearest D-friends on this Forum! :heart:

7 Likes

Rose, I am SOOOO glad to see you!!!

Now we can go public. I didn’t want to do it without you!

4 Likes

So nice to have you here, Rose! :: big hugs :: I sent you PM’s over at the other site but I later realized you were shunned over there. :frowning: We are going to have so much fun, and learn so much, over here together.

1 Like

Woohoo, Rose is back in the house!

5 Likes

Hey Rose!!! Great to see you here.

2 Likes

Yay! I was PMing people about you to make sure you were coming!!! :smiley::grin:

1 Like

get out! i am in Sevilla! It is a great place to live weather, barring summer months, and food-wise, though no beach! when are you thinking of coming?

3 Likes

We are talking June 2018. We are hesitating between Cordoba, Granada and Sevilla :slight_smile: The big issues for us to tackle are my son’s school (where he would go and how to deal with getting into a Spanish school – he is 12 right now), and, of, course, his diabetes treatment in Spain.

1 Like

My wife and I are not dog people but we’ve discussed later in life getting an Irish wolfhound. They are such beautiful and majestic creatures.

Hi, my name is Daisy Mae. i live in Bklyn NY. i am adopted and have 2 younger sisters who are also adopted (from different families). my mom and dad are great, but b/c of my adoption i know nothing about my familial health tree. there are no other Ds in my life other than those of you who i have connected with on this and other sites. and after 30+ years of living with D, my family still does not understand the difference between T1 and T2. they are constantly sending me info on D in the mail, but it always refers to T2 which is of no help whatsoever :wink: but, my wonderful husband of over 25 years has been learning about my T1D ever since i went on the pump ( about 16 years ago); he knows all the lingo, all the diet stuff, carb counting, dual bolusing, pump sites, rotations, etc… but if i should go low, he still panics and tries to pump me full of juice and ice cream and chocolate. (if i listened to him i might go from a 30BG to a 300BG in a matter of minutes.

so, i took my husband to meet with my D Ed so that he could learn when to keep his mouth closed and when to open it. my D Ed is the wife of a T1 D and she was very sympathetic to my husbands panic reactions, so once they got to speaking, my husband was no longer feeling isolated and afraid and learned a lot.

12 Likes

Hi Daisy Mae, what a great story! So glad you joined!

Same here :slight_smile:

Same here :slight_smile: Every few days my mom sends something about diabetes for my son, that it typically highly irrelevant… The worst, of course, are the press releases about cardamon or cinnamon curing diabetes…

Maybe you could suggest he join here? There are quite a few spouses on this community.

1 Like