Waterproof case for tandem

@Bev if you call Tandem they will send you a travel loaner pump in case yours dies during your trip. As long as you never use it, or yours is truly dead you won’t have to pay anything for it.

I can say from experience though that they are mighty quick about getting a replacement pump to you in the continental US. Granted I am on the same coast as Tandem, but my replacement was in hands < 10 hours after first call.

4 Likes

Not me! I think maybe @Katers87 ?

I don’t know if this is helpful at all, but I’ve accidentally gotten my tandem pump very wet (wore it into the shower :woman_facepalming: ) and she held up just fine. I’ve heard of others keeping it on to go swimming with success, but I don’t think I’d trust that :sweat_smile: If anything though - I think the least water resistant area is where you plug in to charge the pump. So maybe getting a new or replacement plastic cover for that part (which you can get off tandem’s website) would be helpful for piece of mind if yours is bent or old.

In your case - I would personally probably just put the pump in a ziploc or 2 for added water resistance. The aquapac sounds awesome so that’s a bummer it can’t arrive in time!

2 Likes

Thank you,
The plastic cover on mine is still in really good shape, so I will probably just double bag it and keep my fingers crossed that I don’t get wet!! Although I think it is supposed to be 80 so it might feel good!

1 Like

FWIW, if your Tandem pump is in warranty, call Tandem customer service for FREE replacement charge doors. They will send you 3 at a time, because it’s a wear item.

3 Likes

This is a dry sack that I picked up and tested out. It will work for me for my canoe trip. it is waterproof and it floats. I tried it with the tubing and if floating doesn’t seem to get any water inside. If I hold it under water for a while it will get the tissue wet. My plan it to also place a ziplock around the pump inside this bag. I am sure I am over thinking but also what to enjoy the trip!
My plan is to not get wet!!

Thanks to everyone for all of the help! I am on the site reading most everyday and learning a lot. You guys are great!

Bev

4 Likes

Sounds like a good plan! Have fun on your trip and share some pictures of it when you return!

2 Likes

Buy simple Zip lock bags. Put the pump in and close it as tight as possible and suck the excess air out of the bag. Krazy glue the seal end to end with extra focus around the corner you have the tube coming out. Allow to dry for a minute and your ready for water activity. I keep it in n a sport waist band, tight against me.

4 Likes

Welcome @Sugarcube, great idea for your first post! Keep them coming.

1 Like