Unexpected HbA1c result

That’s two dropouts; you need to junk the sensor and check the transmitter. I don’t think it is possible to tell whether it is the sensor wearing out or the transmitter battery being low. As soon as I see transmitter corrections like that I start to feel for the sensor boxes.

The calibration stuff is happening in the transmitter; it doesn’t matter what app you use, or the receiver. You can tell that because they all read the same except that with some of the apps you can choose not to receive the updated readings from the past. You can also use NightScout and switch off the options to allow updates (I believe.)

I believe NightScout doesn’t work on iPhone.

It works anywhere; it doesn’t exist on the telephone. It’s a service “in the cloud” (simplification; my current NightScout is sitting in my garage!) it manages data from our various services and offers a “website” that shows that data.

My wife’s iPhone has my NightScout data readily available, indeed, it wakes her up from time to time.

2 Likes

I have it on my iPhones as well. I use the app “Nightscout X”. Plug in the NS URL and you’re good to go.

I have the additional issue that my phone service doesn’t allow cloud access. I only have that at home when connected to my network. I figured this out with SugarMate displaying BG on my watch. That requires syncing SugarMate to the calendar in the cloud with that data coming back to the phone and syncing to the watch.

I wish I had bought an updated Garmin watch that can use the Dexcom widget. It’s still a wonky way to do stuff, but not relying on the cloud. The other advantage is Garmin is a better system for tracking and analyzing workout data.

I love my MacBook and iPhone, but Apple just doesn’t play well with other systems.

I do have BG data display on my Garmin bike computer which is nice. What I would really like is for it to show up as part of the data graphs in Garmin Connect app. I would like to see after a ride how power output and heart rate affect BG. While I’m dreaming it could track insulin from my Tandem pump and carb grams.

I just like collating and analyzing data. It’s what I did for 40+ years in the work place using that data to diagnose and repair problems in complex systems.

I have a number of diabetes related apps on my phone. None of them are perfect, not even in combination.

I know most people don’t need or want what I want. It makes me wish I paired more attention to coding and software development rather than putting all my efforts in hardware. I did some coding but always hated it.

1 Like

After some work I now have my NightScout in my Garage. Piccie required:

That silly little black box with the red light is my NightScout. It’s actually pretty much the core of my network too; it someone tried to murder me by stealing my NightScout my wife would be immediately on their case because nothing would be working.

At present I can’t access it directly; I have to go via the internet. But, thanks to he-who-shall-not-be-named, I now have an IPv6 connection (StarLink just started making it happen on the West Coast); once I’m convinced that it is working I can connect directly whether inside or outside my own network.

1 Like