The Ceiling and Floor Lines on the CGM

I am looking forward to the day where you can acknowledge an alarm and silence it for some time. Hopefully someone at Dexcom is working on it. I would love to acknowledge a high alert, treat with insulin and have the alarm paused for 60 minutes. Instead, the klaxon is blaring and some of my son’s teachers are not amused.

We don’t have that concern with ours because we don’t seem to ever get alarms even though they’re set up (tried both Attentive and Hyper alert)…we only get alarms when he’s low…so low that we should have heard WAY before he ever got to 50, for instance. 2nd CGM…neither alarm right. Going to probably send this one back in as well. For now, we monitor closely during the day and I check his CGM at intervals during the night just to be sure he’s OK.

Do you guys have it set up on your phones too? My husband has something called NightWatch which seems to give him alarms more reliably than either my phone or the receiver… It is super annoying how unreliable the alarms are. Constantly blazing when you want them to shut up, and totally silent other times.

This is only fr Android though, correct? I’ve got an iPhone and am jealous of my husband’s NightWatch set up. :heart_eyes:

Also has anyone set up a smart alarm? we got something called a D-link siren and are wondering if it will make our lives miserable or is genius. Basically because my husband was sleeping through the alarms on his phone…

We don’t have the alarms set on the receiver, just on the phones. So my son, my wife, and I all get low alarms at the same time. What Family Fun! I don’t have a high alarm set right now, but my wife and son do. We have never had a failure of an alarm, if anything we get too many. The last week my son has been running low, so we have been getting a bunch of the klaxon’s.

I have attempted to use Follow, Dexcom G5 Mobile App, Clarity and Share…the others worked if the G5 mobile app worked…it worked for a short time, then it disconnected and I’ve not been able to get it paired successfully again since that time…this was 2 months ago.

I also purchased an iPhone (first one ever) for my most recent phone because I read that the main app requires an iPhone. Well, after I purchased my iPhone 7 (my wife purchased another android), I found out that the phone that has to be NEAR the receiver has to be the iPhone…which makes my iphone worthless for the app since I want to be able to track when I’m away, at the office, and my wife doesn’t want my iPhone (I don’t blame her…not an iPhone fan still after owning this for a couple months now.)

Do you or your wife sew? WE’ve sewn little back pockets on our son’s undershirts and he has his iPhone on him at all times, and is broadcasting data from Dexcom Share to our phones that way. I attempted to sew the special undershirts at first but now we’ve enlisted my father-in-law, who has something of an assembly line going and is constantly sending us newer versions. It has a pocket for his pump and a pocket for his phone. Samson seems to be okay with it.

What do you run on your phone? I run the Dexcom Android follower app and it is 100% reliable.

My wife runs the iOS follower app and she has trouble with alarms, but I am not sure if it is user error.

Mine is Dexcom follow on iPhone, my husband’s is Android Nexus something-or-other. Alarms really never work on mine for whatever reason, but that’s okay because I use my laptop for monitoring and NightScout is very reliable with its alarms.

On the functionality side one iphone needs to be near the Dexcom sensor, not the receiver. The way the G5 works is the sensor reading is shouted out every 5 minutes by the transmitter using Bluetooth, and anything in range of the shout is able to pick up the reading. So the connection is from the sensor transmitter directly to the iphone, and via the iphone app to the Dexcom Share app on mine and my wifes phones.

1 Like

These two are always in the same location so it’s one in the same for us. (I meant sensor, though)

70-130. I had Connect for a while but am so habituated to using my pump/CGM like a pocket watch, my phone is more full of distractions so I kind of walked away from it. Ms. isn’t that interested in it.