Teaching sibling to use Glucagon

I honestly didn’t know that was sanctioned. Someone here (@Eric?) has mentioned doing it. It’s been a long time since I’ve had one of those deep lows that keeps going deeper even you stuff yourself with so much Coke/juice/honey/sugar/cookies/pastries/more Coke to the point that you throw up, but it might inspire me to go and buy a Glucagon kit, which I haven’t kept in the house for about 30 years.

4 Likes

If you’re sick and can keep nothing down it is definitely possible to have a very prolonged low. We’ve ran into that one with Liam.

3 Likes

Yep, it’s definitely official recommendation. In fact, I once mentioned to a diabetes nurse how it was pointless for me to have a glucoagon kit since I live alone and no friends/family would be around to use it. She replied that it was still useful for if I ever had a stomach bug and needed to mini-dose it. So I keep one around, and I also bring one when I travel (though I don’t carry one on a daily basis). Next time I have one of my nasty five-hour overnight lows I may give the mini-dosing a try… Maybe I’ll report the results on here. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I am still laughing after reading this, @Beacher!

3 Likes

@Beacher Haha…you must know my boys!

2 Likes