Tandem t:slim - PLGS trial enrollment started

2 Likes

Look at that infusion set he has!
:crazy_face:

I think he is getting too rapid of an infusion. Just look at him.

3 posts were split to a new topic: 1980s Glucose meters

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: 1980s Glucose meters

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171102006651/en/Human-Factors-Research-Presented-DTM-2017-Demonstrates

Tandem Diabetes Care … presented results from a Human Factors study … of a predictive low glucose suspend (PLGS) feature as part of the t:slim X2™ Insulin Pump.

The study demonstrated a 99 percent success rate among study participants who performed a series of critical tasks using the PLGS system after initial training. Out of 530 tasks performed, only seven task failures were observed, none of which were related to safety.

This study demonstrates that the t:slim X2 System with PLGS requires minimal training and is easy to use, even for people without pump or CGM experience

A pivotal trial is currently underway and anticipated to be complete by the end of 2017.

The Company is preparing to launch its t:slim X2 Pump with PLGS in the summer of 2018, subject to future U.S. Food and Drug Administration review and approval.

3 Likes

That is great news! I really look forward to this improvement. Maybe even more than auto trending basal, if it has the same limited programmability that MDT folks are experiencing.

1 Like

@Chris
The nice thing about the PLGS is that it is basically right around the corner. Summer 2018 is the target date for launch. Fingers crossed on that.

Thinking forward about the next Tandem update for Hybrid Closed Loop (HCL), I am reading quite a bit into this study when taking into account what seems to be the significant degree of difficulty people appear to be having getting the MDT device to function properly.
It is all guesswork until Tandem actually releases the HCL update - hopefully in 2019 as they are shooting for and it is unknown what restrictions the FDA may place on them so as to limit configuration changes the user of the pump may want.

With this study on “Human Factors”, I take great hope that the ultimate Tandem Hybrid Closed Loop which is released will be a significantly better product than appears to be with the MDT device.

Until proven otherwise, I will be looking at the glass as half full.
:slight_smile:

I think that is wise re: Glass Half Full which leads to a better outlook on life, and explains my wife to a T. Knowing Medtronic well, they are a very conservative company when it comes to letting patients control things, so Tandem could easily be less conservative and give us options, hard to know how much is the FDA and how much is MDT.

1 Like