Surfing with a CGM?

I’ll keep you posted. Just finishing up following the steps outlined below:

Didn’t matter what I tried bluetooth just doesn’t like the ocean thus I stopped using the Dexcom system to try and solve the issue or reading sugar levels whilst surfing.

NFC however, as utilised in the Freestyle Libre system, appears has the potential to work. Check out the link to this youtube video of someone scanning a sensor not only whilst scuba diving but through a neoprene wetsuit as well (if you’re familiar with the properties of neoprene, even if she was above the water the neoprene holds the water and essentially places a water blanket over the top killing bluetooth transmission). Despite this it reads because it uses NFC over bluetooth.

So I have my sony smart watch 3 downgraded to build LCA43 with an unlock package installed to utilise the NFC chip. The only hiccup left is the recent update of Freestyle Libre sensors from the 10 day to 14 day wear time. This update has included encryption of the data and thus renders third party readers such as my watch confused. Nonetheless I will try it out on some Australian stock and see how we go. Hopefully the developers at Glimp can find a work around for the 14 day sensors.

Sorry for the huge delays, and again MANY thanks to this Forum and how helpful everyone is!

2 Likes