Replacement for my Animas pump?

I felt the same way for years (could never imagine being without a pump), but when Tresiba came out (one injection a day for basal) combined with my use of Afrezza, I decided to take a pump vacation. I haven’t gone back. My control is just as good, if not better without having something attached and beeping constantly. OmniPod is without a doubt my choice if I ever went back as I couldn’t go back to the tubing.

For me : Tresiba, Afrezza, Novolog combo > OmniPod

I never had an issue with it.

I never had an issue removing the Pod. I wore it playing sports, swimming, coaching etc.

2 Likes

@toddex, I am in the same situation as you are. I have been using the Animas Vibe for 3 years and I will need a replacement within the next year. In Canada, we only have 2 choices, the Medtronic 630g and the Omnipod. I would like to go with a pump that has integrated (or will be integrating) with Dexcom, so I am not really interested in the 630g. So right now I am trying out the Omnipod. I started last Tuesday and I am on my 2nd pod. My reservations about the Omnipod were it’s bulkiness and number of possible sites. I am petite and lean so I am worried that I will end up back at the same site too soon - time will tell. Even though the tubing never bothered me, I have to say that it’s really nice to not have it. I feel more free and it’s like I am not wearing a pump. Even though some people complain about the size of the PDM, I like the interface and the information that it provides. It’s very early, so I can’t say yet whether the pods will work for me. I plan to continue my experiment for a few months. Stay tuned!

4 Likes

Thanks so much, Lisa! I really appreciate your input. Please keep me updated on how you’re liking the omnipod. I’ve ordered one of their sample “pretend” pods to see how it seems size-wise.

2 Likes

@toddex - so now I am on pod #4. I have done the last 2 in my thigh and I have to say that it’s been pretty comfortable. I was really nervous about inserting it in my thigh because I don’t have a lot of fat, but it didn’t hurt and I barely know that it’s there. I even worked out yesterday (treadmill, rowing machine, lunges, etc…) and the pod wasn’t bothered at all. Adhesive sticks really well.

2 Likes