Post-exercise - "wasted" carbs

its the Boost Glucose Control Chocolate Sensation with 16gms of carbs. its awesome.

(and it does come in other flavors, but i havent liked any of the other ones. just the chocolate )

1 Like

@daisymae Thank you!! Will try it :blush:

1 Like

i think you’ll really like it. it doesnt taste like a liquid Hershey bar, but its very good for a refuel drink.

be in mind, i drink 2 of them; one after the other. and, they are very filling…at least for me. i generally eat dinner about 2.5 - 3 hours afterwards and i find that i dont have as much of an appitite as on the days that i dont swim and dont drink them.

PS: i order them through JET (on line) and they arrive the next day. i buy them by the case, and they are very reasonable $$$.

1 Like

@daisymae I love chocolate, so anything chocolatey is AOK :slight_smile: Oh, I didn’t realize you drink 2 of them! Thanks for telling me. Thanks for the JET hint, too. Anything to save $$ as $$ will add up quickly drinking them everyday!

2 Likes

tell me about it. the $$$ can really catch up with you; its one of the reasons i buy them in bulk. (and, btw, drinking only one is just not enough to refuel. at least not for me. eric has an entirely different way of doing it than i do. i tried his way, and it didnt work for me at all. but YDMV )

@daisymae I ended up buying some Glycerna at the store just to try it out to be sure I can tolerate it. They didn’t have Boost but the Glycerna seems to have very similar nutritional breakdown. For 2 bottles, I’d probably have to take 2U. I might just start with one bottle and just 1U.

By the way, I read on some of the FUD Sports Wikis that chocolate milk (skim) is also good for post-run refuel. Have you tried it? It would be less expensive for sure but it wouldn’t include all of the other minerals and vitamins.

2 Likes

Eric loves chocolate milk and milk with Ovaltine post run. i tried it and i spiked from about 70 to over 300 within 1/2 hour. With the BOOST, i never spike. i bolus 50% of the total carbs (for 32 gms i bolus 1.5 units) the BOOST has worked consistantly, effectively for over a year, so i trust it and feel comfortable recommending it. My GI MD turned me on to it.

Oh, wow, big difference! Thanks for the warning! I can see why you’d want to stick with the Boost, and not chocolate milk.

I don’t spike from it because I take a good bit of insulin for it!

1 Like