Pediatric Afrezza: bounced twice now

That sounds frustrating re: the Afrezza. I’m honestly not sure I’d want my teen if I had one using it on a daily or near daily basis for corrections at this point though, without more longterm evidence for its safety. I’m still mildly ambivalent about my own use in that respect. A product has to be out for a long time (longer than Afrezza has been) before we can really know what the long term ramifications are, especially in people who still have hopefully a very long time to live.

I’m still confused though as to why backing off a bit on the corrections wouldn’t also address the issue (if corrections more often than not result in lows, aren’t you overcorrecting?), and/or if you aren’t concerned about weight gain and really feel the need to whack those highs hard, eating a snack as soon as the Dex arrow starts to go down to cushion the drop. Sort of the reverse of when I take insulin with a low treatment that I know is overkill, even if I’m still low. Even if the snack ends up being slight overkill, and he lands a little higher than intended, that’s probably an easy fix (relatively to the growth hormone spike).

1 Like