Nickle-sized Red Injection Marks

I have injected Humalog into my abdomen twice in the last 48 hours and I can still see a nickel-sized pink/red area around each injection site. This has happened one other time on my abdomen this year, but I don’t remember this happening on MDI five years ago.

Anyone else experience this on injections? One of those weird things to write off or something more concerning?

1 Like

No - not since the days of giving R/NPH in two shots a day where I was given a lot of insulin all at once and I would get a mark where I gave the shot.

If I recall you have alergy problems with Novolog. Have you tried Apidra?

It sounds like you either have interesting/sensitive skin or some sort of allergy.

1 Like

Well, my CDE had me try Novolog but I did not like the characteristics of it. I didn’t appear to be allergic to it, though.

At this point, I’m guessing my abdomen is just a dead-beat area of my body. Nothing works there from a device perspective. The injections that I did there did perform as I expected. If I was allergic to Humalog, I would assume it wouldn’t perform correctly? Maybe? I’m hoping this is just cosmetic and not a deep-seeded problem. But I’m not sure what to conclude.

I mostly inject in my legs and they haven’t acted this way, knock on wood.

I’ve had these before. They fade pretty quickly - around 1-2 days. I’m not sure why I’ve gotten them. I certainly don’t always get them! Mine don’t hurt, so I haven’t spent too much time thinking about it. Hopefully yours aren’t painful?

1 Like

Sounds like sensitive skin on your abdomen the as opposed to the insulin.

@Aaron, @Katers87, that makes me feel better! Thanks!

1 Like