News from the Dexcom Q1 2020 conference call

The Dexcom Q1 2020 conference call was held 4/28/20, and a transcript is available at https://seekingalpha.com/article/4340791-dexcoms-dxcm-ceo-kevin-sayer-on-q1-2020-results-earnings-call-transcript

There were two items that caught my attention. The first is that within the next few weeks Dexcom will be setting up a program to provide up to two 90-day Dexcom CGM supply shipments for $45 each to help people who lost insurance coverage because of Covid-19. The exact timeframe and eligibility criteria were not stated.

The second item is that they think the clinical trials for the G7 will be delayed 6 months because the clinics and staff who would run the trials are closed or otherwise occupied. They still hope for wide release of the G7 some time in 2021.

10 Likes

Thank you for summarizing this. Glad they are offering the CGM program, and while not surprising that the G7 will be delayed, kind of a bummer though. I was looking forward to seeing a smaller footprint sensor available.

1 Like

Thank you so much for summarizing! I’ve been wondering how this pandemic will affect progress in diabetes – whether that’s new treatments, new technologies, or new standard of care. I am guessing it pushes everything back a year. I know the Omnipod hybrid closed-loop trials also got pushed back because of this.

2 Likes

Interesting also that they said their manufacturing and supply chain are in good shape, inventory is fine and they don’t anticipate any problems keeping up with demand. Insurance regs won’t let people stock up on supplies unless they want to pay for them themselves.

Since they expect new sales to decrease due to COVID-19 reducing doctor visits that would also lessen demand increases.

@bkh, thanks for monitoring these. I actually registered with Seeking Alpha to see all of this one, and it was a real pain. They thirst for my data!

2 Likes

I didn’t register with Seeking Alpha and in my browser I don’t let them run any shellscripts or even set cookies. I just scroll through the available transcripts a few hours after the conference call is held (or the next morning) by visiting Earnings Call Transcripts | Seeking Alpha

They’re not getting much data from me: my IP address accessed a specific transcript.

1 Like

Thanks. That worked for me for the first day transcripts and it’s the way to go. But apparently it only works for a couple of days after the call, and to see earlier transcripts they made me sign in. Curious. Anyway, I appreciate your flagging the calls.

1 Like