Newly Diagnosed 5yo- Exhausted Parents

Yes! Thank you @CatLady . There are quite a few really good books that are MUST READs while you proceed along this journey. Several posts have been created through the years here on FUD. Here is one and here’s another.

There are other recommendations also that you can search the forums for (use “book” as search term). The single most important thing that I did as a parent was EDUCATE myself…I read every book I thought relevant and was recommended by the amazing FUD members and it really opened up my eyes to the world of diabetes (the truths and the myths).

Also, listening to the old timers who have lived with diabetes for decades is critical…they will teach you what “books” and “doctors” won’t…but it will be valuable practical advice that is worth considering.

Also, we have our very own Crash Test Dummy - @Eric tests all things that people wonder about whether there is truth in a rumor or not. :smiley: He is our diabetic savant McGiver who tests things such as “does expired insulin work?” “what about insulin that’s expired for x years?” He’s a genius…many here are, but he’s our testing guru. :slight_smile:

6 Likes