Nd hand cramps all night

I cant get rid of these cramps in my feet legs now hands . They draw up and wont release. It’s never been this bad . Drinking water all day night…
is this normal with diabetes?

I had leg cramps at night when I was running high blood sugars, (over 350 sustained) prior to diagnosis. I think I massaged the muscles which helped some.

I haven’t had many since diagnosis, though. Others probably have more experience on this.

1 Like

It is not necessarily from diabetes, although it could be.

Cramps can be caused by nerve damage,diabetic neuropathy.

Dehydration can be a cause of cramps, and high blood sugar can cause dehydration, so there may be a relation there.

How is your BG control?

There are certain medications that can contribute to cramps. Overuse of muscles, lack of certain nutrients like potassium, magnesium, or calcium, and lack of blood flow can be causes.

If it is painful and persistent, and you have not changed anything recently that you can figure out, it would be a good idea to talk to a doctor about it.

2 Likes

Magnesium lotion offers extremely fast relief! We get the lotion at Natural Grocers but I expect bigger pharmacies and other natural foods stores carry it as well.

3 Likes