My Fiancé Hates My Dexcom

Yeah, I’m a go big or go home type. So I don’t just hypo, I suuuuuper hypo. :laughing: :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Do you have glucagon?

3 Likes

It’s in the mail. Should arrive tomorrow.

3 Likes

Ideally if you can sit up and sip :cup_with_straw:, you don’t worry about the glucagon. Save that for the special occasions. :wink:

5 Likes

Oooooh, I shall. Glucagon parties only.

2 Likes

It also great stuff micro-dosed when you are pukey sick, can’t keep your blood sugar up, but can’t keep anything else down, and have ketones and need to give insulin to treat those.

3 Likes

Duly noted! Been doing my best to stay healthy. Currently up to date on all my vaccines.

1 Like

This is why I started using the phone call method with SugarMate. I no longer heard low alerts and alarms. If you haven’t, you should give it a try.

6 Likes

I’ll definitely be looking into this

3 Likes

Check it out and ask if you have any questions. I use the “alarm” dial tone when SugarMate calls me during the night and it wakes me up every time…

5 Likes

Put the receiver on silent and put it in your pocket or tucked into whatever you wear to bed so that it just vibrates against you and doesn’t wake up the whole world is what I do

5 Likes

Normally it’s my knocking over the glucose tabs jar while reaching for a juice box and all of the resulting cussing that wakes my husband up. :woman_facepalming::rofl:

10 Likes

That’s a DONUT moment…mmmmm…donuts…

4 Likes

It’s probably just the cussing… Everyone I know in the lawn cutting business has a potty mouth…lol

5 Likes

I would love to see that, it sounds comical lmao

3 Likes

God I love donuts. I wish they loved me. :laughing:

3 Likes

Donuts are not my friend, but I do LOVE them. My favorite treat when I’m low but not scary low and have time for the sugar rise. If my bg is normal it’s crazy how much insulin I need to cover just one donut…

6 Likes

Well duh, it’s flour AND yeast lol. Recipe for disaster. I got my humalog yesterday in the mail, need to talk to my Endo about my lows and basal dose before I start bolusing. Would bolus for donuts though.

3 Likes

I HATED those alarms! I eventually switched to the Libre 14-day CGM instead.

Problem with that 3:00am alarm, regardless of any type of correction, which is usually a glucose tablet, is time. The alarm rings and rings and rings because it added glucose doesn’t show up for a while. Sometimes that alarm keeps sending me an alert an hour later! Alright already. I took care of it. Now let me and everyone in the house go back to sleep.

Ever since I switched to the Libre, plus using Toujeo - not Lantus - plus night time check, (with a glucose tab nearby in case I feel wonky) I’ve slept the whole night through… As for me, I’d never, ever eat a candy bar before bedtime. That would be disastrous roller coaster: way too high +350, followed by an unpredictable response due to insulin. If I decide to eat a night time snack, I go for applesauce or a very small handful amount of salted pecans and almonds.

1 Like

I keep OJ by the bed. A container of the MinuteMaid unrefrigerated kind. And vegan gummy bears in the nightstand.

I think my husband woke up the first couple of times, he’s a light sleeper, but he literally keeps snoring through it now. It goes off easily during the day as I have it set at 80 to give me plenty of warning in case I need to do something about it.So I think he got used to hearing it and ignoring it.

I also have my Dexcom set so it doesn’t repeat the alarm for 30 minutes. That hopefully gives plenty of time for anything to absorb enough.

3 Likes