Mixed reviews for powdered glucose

6 Likes

I read the whole thing. It cracked me up!

In 5 to 6 minutes, the shaking hands had resolved. In 15 minutes, my BG had risen from a low of 74 to 79.

I should let him spend a day in my D

8 Likes

Ya, I thought 74 was a target, not a hypoglycemic reaction point.

Also, I bet it doesn’t taste as good as an Apple fritter.

5 Likes

I once had a Transcend gel pouch explode in my waist pouch and marinate my G5 receiver…so I am mildly intrigued by this powder mixed in a water bottle. I’m also a little worried about what I’m doing to my teeth when I eat gummi life savers at 2AM to treat a low…99% of the time I’m too sleepy to get up and brush.

A water bottle with pre-mixed gluc powder on the bedside table? Not sure if will work well for me or not. Might buy some and fiddle around with it.

2 Likes

Is this the one? Comes with a free water bowl. After 3 minutes of research I’ve decided the human variety of glucose powder is over priced compared to diluted Powerade.

3 Likes

That is some gold plated sugar water with meat stew flavoring. $40 for 2 syringes of sugar water and a “free” water bowl. Undoubtedly made of titanium tinted plastic. Are there really people that gullible?

I found the ingrediant list:
Deionized Water, Dextrose, Natural Flavor with Yeast Extract, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (preservatives).

Water, Sugar, MSG, Thickener…$40

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of glucose powder. However, I do have pure dextrose powder that I dissolve in water to treat middle-of-the-night lows.

The article says that the Dex4 liquid shots came out before glucose gel packets…but I had glucose gel packets in the early '90s…

3 Likes

Dextrose is just glucose. I also use dextrose powder dissolved in water to treat lows.

1 Like