Lying to the Dexcom for better calibration

What is a nerd-mingo ?

No, itā€™s not that I think it is a bad idea for you to bother with it. But I think it becomes bad if it were to make you be obsessive with it. When you used the G4 you told me the up and down arrows drove you crazy.

It becomes bad if it makes you worry more instead of less.

As long as you continue to trust in the Force with what you are doing, the Dexcom can help you. But I wouldnā€™t want you to become overly-dependent on it, or overly anxious about it.
image :yoda:

1 Like

Thomas, isnā€™t it one of those vaguely marsupial creatures?

Sorry, slight misspelling.

Nerd + Amigo = Nerd-migo

i must add that this is 100% accurate. :wink: the arrows drove me crazy and i would panic if i saw them either going up or down. i was not able to use it as a helpful tool. but, perhaps, this will change for me when i try the G6. if it doesnt, then iā€™ll no longer use it. simple as that. :sunny:

1 Like

Well, Iā€™m Medtronic, and I test the poo out of this thing. I created myself a chart so that I can keep track of my calibrations. Iā€™m using what I read about Dexcom in Michelā€™s explanation as a basis. (Please excuse me if it wasnā€™t Michelā€™sā€¦ I canā€™t scroll up and check now). Anyway, so far the explanation fits pretty well for what I see with the guardian. It hasnā€™t been 100%, but I also havenā€™t figured how to account for the change in blood sugar yet. Itā€™s definitely a close enough fit to chart and track calibrations for the next couple of weeks. I appreciate the information! (And just to be clear, Iā€™M not Medtronic, I just use their product. Donā€™t want to get a bad reputation around here). :grin:

3 Likes