Looking for a little feedback on Fish Oil and BGLs

Recently started taking 1 Fish Oil softgel daily and seems like BGLs have become more stable. But Dexcom curve shows these unusual (for me) single blips before returning to a more steady trend. Anyone have a good explanation?

I am guessing that the fish oil is not causing these. That looks like a G4/G5 sensor to me. That is what happened to us towards the end of the sensor life for us, followed by almost every reading be unstable like that and turning into a cloud. That was the harbinger of sensor death for us. It used to happen with the older G5 sensors in the 20-25 day range, but in the late 2018 sensors it started happening around day 7 for us.

2 Likes

Are the G6 sensors any better? I am at about 12 days, so that may explain this. Sad that Dexcom would make a change to cause us harm and increase our medical waste.

I would say the G6 sensors are better for us in almost every way except sensor life. We are only using them for the prescribed 10 days.

As far as what appears to be a manufacturing change by Dexcom, the sensors used to last for much more than they advertised, and I am guessing that they made a change that lowered their costs considerably, but still last the warrantied time. While for many of us restarts were usual, you can’t really blame Dexcom for making a change that is reducing their costs and ensuring profits continue so they can stay in business.

1 Like

Here’s with a new sensor.

New transmitter was started on 3/3/19. Guess it might be a bad box of sensors. I’d still like to hear folks’ experience with fish oil’s effects on BGLs as well. Should I introduce that in a new topic?

I took fish oil capsules for a while and did not notice any impact on blood glucose levels.

The sensor trace from the sensor I inserted yesterday also has a lot of dropouts. Sometimes I think it’s just not in a deep enough fatty area—I wear it in my upper arm.