Isotretinoin (Accutane):concerns about BG/ diabetes management?

Yes, although I should say all of this is general advice, not to be intended as medical advice for any specific person/situation. (#disclaimer)

Also, while I try to keep things somewhat anonymous on here, I don’t think this identifies too much and I may have said this much on either here or TuD before, so I’ll say more specifically, I’m a clinical psychologist (PhD). I do both clinical work and clinical research.

2 Likes

Your secrets are safe here. Can’t speak for the other place… they have some whacky admin

2 Likes

The hardest part of any workout…

Kathrine Switzer is the first woman to run the Boston Marathon. She did it in 1967, before women were allowed to run it. During her run a race official attempted to stop Switzer and grab her number bib, but her boyfriend shoved him to the ground.

2 Likes

I was actually diagnosed with type 1 while I was taking accutane at 19. Almost everyone has type 1 on my dad’s side of the family though, so who knows whether it a coincidence or it triggered what I was predisposed to. I stopped taking it immediately after diagnosis just in case it was causing damage and would cause more. I remember horribly dry lips and that I couldn’t drink alcohol, but it did cure my acne!

2 Likes

Yes - It is an extreme pain to get out the front door, but within 5 minutes of exercise I go to some sort of zen place where time and space seem to disappear and I sort of just zone out in a happy place.

1 Like

Wow! Seriously? That’s amazing. I would estimate it takes me an hour or probably more to shut the little voice off in my head. I’ve always found distance runners inspiring because listening to the little nagging voice for that many miles would do me in.

1 Like

I measured the distance on google map from my driveway to the place where my mind switches off for three different routes - for all the routes it is about 1/4 mile (400 m) - so it is definitely within 5 minutes :laughing: