Insurance bounced my CGM prescription

That is probably something that can be used to help you with the appeal.

I would think so, but as we all know the insurance world is sometimes an absurd one. I’ll let you know how it plays out.

1 Like

@bostrav59,
As a related note to this…

Many years ago my insurance company tried to force me to switch to a different and cheaper type of BG test strip. (I was using the FreeStyle meter at the time).

And this was long before I was using a pump.

My endo at the time was really savvy and slick. The first thing he did was write a prescription for an OmniPod pump. (I did not use it or get it, but simply had it prescribed.)

Then in the appeal, he wrote that I had been prescribed the OmniPod, and it has an integrated BG meter that uses the FreeStyle strips. For that reason, the FreeStyle strips should be approved.

Simple as that, I was able to keep getting the FreeStyle strips. And his appeal was 100% truthful, which made it really cool. He explained it all to me, and I marveled at how smart he was.

3 Likes

I heard from Tufts health plan yesterday in a computer call - they have now approved the doctor’s request. So the rest of this process could be smooth sailing. That wasn’t too too bad…

2 Likes