Insulin Stash

$12 for 10 vials!

3 Likes

Thanks! I harvested 30ml from my old pod today using my 30ml syringe, (I don’t have any 100ml syringes) and no air bubbles, much better than using the omnipod syringe! I used the 30ml syringe instead of the omnipod syringe to inject the pod, too, 3 fills, but I probably could have used less insulin as the pod beeped during the 3rd filling. Just in case I need extra insulin, I injected all 90ml, no bubbles either! I do like this method of using a regular BD syringe over the omnipod provided syringe. Thank you for suggesting it, too!!

5 Likes

we have atleast a year on hand of all supplies, CGMS, pump supplies and insulin. we have three type 1 diabetics in our house (2 of my kids and myself type 1) I would not be comfortable with less, but that is just me, lol in case of an apocolypse

6 Likes

Welcome to FUD @lisaloo. Three diabetics in the same household, sounds like you would need a pretty good sized fridge to store a years worth of insulin for three of you. Wow. Makes our little corner of the fridge seem pretty small. Are you all on the same type of pump?

3 Likes

right now we are on on dex6 and tslim but two of us in middle of switching to omni and looping, lol we have a rediculous stash of supplies!! the whole bottom fridge compartment is insulin lol and we have shared w/uninsured friends. we always try to keep lots extras of all

5 Likes