Insulin pump question

I think the thing that really jaded me against the sof-sensors was that it was not my first CGM experience, I had used the Dexcom Seven system as well as the Seven Plus, which at the very least lasted 7 days by default. My mom switched me over to the Medtronic side with the promise of a pump integrated with the CGM.

… And now 2 Medtronic pumps and 2 generations of their CGM later, I have a firm dislike for their products and they’d have to work pretty dang hard in R&D to develop a pump/CGM combo I’d even consider buying :grin:

Thank goodness for that at least. The DOC is amazing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thanks Thomas!! Yes, I have Basil iq turned on. I’m hoping I can leverage it to tighten my overnight numbers. I’m planning on being a little more aggressive with my basil to help my numbers.

1 Like

Sorry to hear. sof-sensor was my first, but as soon as I learned about dexcom seven, I switched !! If I had known about both options, and about forums, im sure dexcom would have been first. There was no integration with minimed pump, except the data upload that the doctor liked.

1 Like

Recent rigorously scientific experiments demonstrate that a pod has roughly the same dimensions as a Girl Guide cookie, just slightly wider. Maybe if a person wore spandex everything, having a Girl Guide cookie attached to them wouldn’t seem like such a great thing.

They’re also so light they’re unnoticeable. A few pod changes ago, I left my old pod in place on the back of my arm because I’d recently done a bolus, started up my new pod on my side, went on my merry way. Couple of showers later, three nights in bed, six times getting dressed or undressed, it’s time for the next pod change, and I go to scratch a funny itch on the back of my arm and discover that for THREE DAYS I’VE BEEN WEARING TWO PODS. Never even realized. Never even felt them.

8 Likes

Not like 100% spandex but like… I’m 22 and I dislike most tops that aren’t fitted, the net spandex content of my wardrobe has to be pretty dang high. There’s a couple of pictures in existence where you can pretty clearly see my quarter-sized thigh infusion site through my jeggings :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I was wearing two pods on the same arm the other night while I had a tank top on. I did a whole Teddy Swolsevelt/Chuck Norris/Diabadass display for my husband that I’m sure looked much cooler in my head.

Points for me that I know what jeggings are. My favorite mom sweatpants are fairly fitted up top and make my butt look awesome for sweatpants…but the overall feel still says “frazzled mom” bc there is a noticeable pancake batter stain down the front of one leg that’s from at least four years ago. If anyone could notice my butt pod through the sweatpants, I’m sure they can’t see past the pancake batter stain. #momwinning #ionlyshopforclotheslikeeveryfouryears #whendidibecomesolame

6 Likes

Jeggings? Help a male out please? Leggings and ?? Footloose calf warmers?? eh??

5 Likes

I’m cracking up :rofl:
Jeggings = jeans + leggings

The really tight jeans ! I imagine that a pod would look like a lump under (and I can’t even imagine getting my jeggings over a pod I can barely get them up as is :joy:)

6 Likes

All I do is wear exercise pants. These are like leggings. I’ve seen leggings with a jean print… but I did not think those would be okay to wear… or aren’t jegging, right?? I should continue to not wear those, right?

4 Likes

HAHA. Ok, lemme clarify. Jeggings are just tight jeans that are a stretchier jean material than regular jeans. They’re mainly popular because they’re comfier than jeans but look like jeans

… now I’ll be online shopping at work…

@Nickyghaleb, personally I would not opt for the jean printed leggings? But who am I to tell you how to live your life ???

3 Likes

My fashion offenses are so numerous that jean printed leggings would be the least of my problems.

I still wear my jean flares from 15 years ago. I figure all fashion is cyclical and they’ll come back around one day and then I’ll be relevant again.

Still don’t regret holding onto my 8th grade jean overalls. That came back around!

4 Likes

Sorry for getting off-topic, @Tbjones, but I stumbled upon this pump review link by CDEs (certified diabetic educators) that are T1 themselves: https://integrateddiabetes.com/updated-insulin-pump-comparisons-and-reviews/

I believe they have all tried each pump additionally so have those points of comparison in mind!

4 Likes

They are back in style!! And you have ~vintage~ ones

3 Likes

Thanks for that question, @elver. Lol

3 Likes

So glad I asked for clarification. What little fashion instinct I have left screamed they were not okay, but I’ve learned to ignore it. After years and years of not having time to listen to it, I’ve learned to muffle it and put on my uniform and head out into the world.

@T1Allison… you nailed it in 100 different ways. I’ve never felt closer to you, and we’ve been close before. Thank you for the laughter and the tears this morning. And for making me feel proud of what’s inside my drawer… because I actually don’t even know what’s hanging in my closet. Haven’t touched that in about 8 years.

And very, VERY sorry for getting off topic, @Tbjones. I’m done. Back to pumps… and by that I mean insulin pumps… Cuz even in the long-forgotten and wholly neglected fashion-oriented shelf at the back of my mind, pumps has more than one meaning.

Maybe I’ll go to the mall… if I can still find it. :thinking:

3 Likes

Thank you very kindly for clearing up one of the mysteries of the universe @LarissaW ! LOL

2 Likes

Most welcome…somebody had to…

3 Likes

Honestly… I only wear leggings with long shirts or sweaters. I dress for comfort because of my pain. I do wear appropriate clothes for special occasions. Lol I have only been on Dexcom since January and no one has ever noticed it. The only way they know is when the alarm screams at me and I explain.

4 Likes

I was originally on a medtronic pump but switched to the Omnipod because it was tubless. I absolutely LOVE being tubeless. It is a bit larger than traditional tubing, but it is all self contained. The PDM controller is wireless and only needs to be touched when bolusing or making changes, so it can sit in a bag/purse/desk drawer at work or whatever. it is so liberating to shower/swim and not have do detach.

3 Likes

Putting on my jeggings this morning made me think of you crazy FUDers :joy:

7 Likes