Insulin pen comparison

I think that it depends on the pharmacy in Canada. One pharmacy in Montreal provided the Echo pen, whereas, another did not. The one who provided the pen was in a more residential neighborhood, whereas the one who had no pens was in the downtown tourist area.

Domestically, in the US, I’ve occasionally had the gaps in prescription refills, because my healthcare team did not renew the prescription in a timely fashion as requested. Depending on the pharmacist on duty, I would be provided a small quantity of x to tie me over the weekend or a few days until a new prescription is received. It’s highly dependent on the individual on duty.

1 Like

I’ve never paid in Canada. I’ve always just been given them by my endo’s office, except for the Savvio, which was free at the pharmacy, the only time I’ve ever asked for one at the pharmacy.

1 Like

Yep, and never paid for a meter either!

Nope, pharmacies usually just don’t stock them. I get my half unit pens from my endo. I walked into a random diabetes clinic once and asked if I could buy an Echo pen. They just gave me a free one and said they wouldn’t even know what to sell it for.

I have to make a correction - I double checked - my free pen from Canada is a novolog reusable pen, but only single unit, and does not have the memory feature. That’s a bummer.

2 Likes