If Only My Pump Could Do This

I think it would be great for Dexcom, Insulet and Tandem to merge companies completely.

Pipedream.

2 Likes

Sure, a diabetes monopoly. That sounds like it would work out great for all of us. What could possibly go wrong there?
:rofl:

3 Likes

Too many other big companies involved for this to be a monopoly. I would see this more as (I hate the word) synergy? lol

But with huge companies like Medtronic and Abbott in the picture, I would see pulling together a few of the (relatively) smaller companies would provide better long term competition and innovation.

i didnt realize this. do i just press the “Suspend” button ?

1 Like

Is there nothing on screen that indicates how to cancel a bolus? On the Animas pumps, you press any button during a bolus to cancel delivery.

Ironically, the slow delivery on the Cozmo (over several minutes) was one of the features I didn’t like. I love the instantaneous delivery of hte Animas pumps.

i am guessing that i press the “suspend” button, but i’ve only tried that to cancel a dual/square bolus.

I was talking about the omnipod. There is a cancel button that stops any bolus right then. I was replying to Millz who is using the omnipod.

On yours the manual suspend option will do that too. There might be other ways on yours, but suspend should work.

1 Like

i think i will just call tech support and ask. easy peezy. i hope that it does work like that, though. would save me a lot of grief during those moments when i am not paying much attention to what info i am programming into the pump. i can press those buttons with over zealousness sometimes, without thinking about what i actually need to be doing :wink: .

2 Likes

Tandem is slow to bolus. I am guessing by intention perhaps the thought being better absorption?
Anyway, slow enough that if you are doing a regular bolus and an extended bolus, it is MUCH faster to put the extend in first then initiate the regular bolus.
Of course it could all be done in one pass with an extend (for exactly the same end result) but sometimes it is easier to think of the numbers as two operations. Depends on the particular situation.

1 Like

my MM is very quick to deliver a regular bolus as well as when i program the dual/extended bolus. (then the extended bolus just drips out over the hours.)

So…have you sent that list to Insulet yet? :thinking:

1 Like

Not sure if this will suit you, but the t:slim has basal profiles that you can name. Also you can take an existing profile and copy it, make changes and give it another name. This way you keep your original settings and can swap back and forth. I guess you can even have up to 10 profiles, like “coach potato day”, “gym rat day”, “lets try this”.

7 Likes

Yes I did. But, you know how that goes.

1 Like

The omnipod lets you copy a basal, give it a new name, and make changes to it. But you have to make changes to each time segment individually. You can’t take an entire basal program and bump the whole thing up or down by a certain percent.

If I recall, the Tandem lets you do something like that, right? Copy a basal program and apply an increase or decrease to the whole thing and save it as a new one?

On omnipod you can do a temp basal up or down, but it only lets you run a temp basal for 30 minutes to 12 hours max. Safety considerations, I am sure. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

this feature sounds awesome. there are many things about the t-slim that appeal to me, and i almost started on it this past june. the 2 things that put me off were the resevoir that stuck out from the pump itself, and the touch screen. i have NEVER, no many how many times i have tried,been able to successfully use any kind of touch screens. i’m uncoordinated, :wink: to say the least. and i was very much into my MM pump, so i figured i would go for the MM upgrade and i am a very happy customer. (of course, there will always be something that my pump doesnt have that i wish it did)

my MM has this feature as well, but only has room for 3 different profiles (not that i have ever needed more than that. ) i find this feature wonderfully helpful.

the MM pump lets you program a TB for up to 24 hours. i find it convenient for sick days where i will need to only reset it once a day. i dont have to keep my eye on it either b/c the pump gives me a very tiny beep alarm (very soft) every couple hours just to remind me to check it out.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @mindawhen!

1 Like

I was thinking of times when the bolus has already been completely delivered but I’ve continued to drop further than I expected.

1 Like

You see the Dexcom graph going up. You think, “There is IOB - it will stop”.
But it doesn’t stop.
It just needs a few more minutes.
It keeps going up.
Finally it is like - stupid IOB - not working.
Bolus a couple more units.
Five minutes later the cgm turns the corner and next point is the beginning of the down trend.
AAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!

6 Likes

Our life every day :slight_smile:

5 Likes