Ideas for a Frustrated Friend: “Are there others out there like me?”

Thanks, good to know

Here is blog of another similar users 670 experience, and also posted on tudiabetes.org

You are not alone.

1 Like

Now THAT would be an interesting experiment…

Oh, I’ll have to check that out. :grin:

Hi Nicky!! It’s Joanne. Good to see your post. I hope it helps. I feel so bad for people stuck on 670. It’s nice of you to reach out for PG. Now I’m all interested in Tresiba!

1 Like

Hi Sam. I’m a long time pump user so long acting insulin is all foreign to me. I have lantus for pump failure emergency. What are the differences in tresiba and lantus? I always had trouble with long acting insulin covering my DP while on MDI.

1 Like

Well in a nutshell Tresiba lasts much longer and has a smoother profile than Lantus.

Sometimes pumpers don’t appreciate the benefit of this if they have a lot of different rates programmed throughout the clock or for different times of month or whatever else. I’ve never pumped, but I’ve used Lantus for years and can tell you that for me tresiba just works better… for me Lantus was either in a state of wearing off, ramping up, and in between those in a steady state some of the time. Tresiba stays in that steady state ALL the time for me.

Also with exercise and physical activity I’d have to jack my bg up beforehand when on Lantus to prevent crashes… much less so with Tresiba… so I’d say for me it’s just much more stable not only from day to day but also in different states within my own life and body also such as sleep vs wake, exercise vs rest etc

3 Likes

JOANNE. :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::two_hearts: Hello, friend. :hugs:

I’m ALSO interested in Tresiba! I think I’m asking for it at my next appointment.

Oh, I’m so very happy you’re here. :blush: and now for PG…

1 Like

Thanks for that link. So many times I am asked why I am “so done” with 670. There is so much involved in that answer. I appreciate someone taking the time to lay it all out.

1 Like

Me too!!:heart:️:heavy_heart_exclamation:️ It was good to see your pretty face!

1 Like

Hey, guess what I’m doing up? Trying to force a calibration because EVEN IN MANUAL, I’m getting a “calibration not accepted”… Don’t you miss this?

Thank you! Very helpful. I remember those same issues with lantus. I will get some tresiba to replace my lantus. Actually every once in a blue moon I take a pump break for a day or so to remind how to do it if needed.

Haha! Not one bit!! I have strong feelings of relief but sadness for people still struggling.

1 Like

Well if you’re going to just take a pump break for a day or so tresiba might pose some frustrations… as it lasts well over 24 hours, on the first day you’d only be getting 24/42 hours worth (or whatever) please don’t try to translate that loose concept into a mathematical strategy to overcome that (because it won’t work) but just be advised that tresiba is more optimal for a total pump replacement for basal than for a 1 or 2 day pump break…

1 Like

Oh, don’t be sad. I’d hope you were having a good chuckle. :grin:

Oh good to know. My breaks are usually 3-5 days before I miss my pump. It’s always reassuring to know I can do it if I need to.

All calibrated…45 minutes later… going back to sleep. If it’s Highness will allow. Good night. :kissing_heart:

The relief way out weighs my sadness. It’s all about me you know hahaha.

1 Like

Haha. Sleep well​:crossed_fingers:t2::kissing_heart:

@Jattzl… paging jattzl… are you around??? Been looking for you and would like to make sure you’re okay???

1 Like

I am out here. Thanks for looking for me:kissing_heart:

Been in a hermit mode lately.

1 Like