How Long do Dexcom G5 Transmitters Last Past the "SB", or Ship By Date?

I am so new that I don’t even know what a “Trust level 3” is. All I wished was to alert you website owners that a Category is so erroneously named that people will get more confused & directed wrongly unless they read down in the “Replies”!

[FUDiabetes] How Long do Dexcom G5 Transmitters Last Past the “SB”, or Sell By Date?

THERE IS NO SUCH THING as a “sell by” date. Luckily one of the respondents posted as below to rectify the initial mistake, and due to the coded construction of this website (wiki or whatever its form is described as) the mistake is what appears in a Category list or search etc.!! TIA!

POSTED BY ANOTHER USER:

Per Dexcom User Guide:
SB = Ship By Date.
The funny icon which is perhaps intended to look like an hour glass = Use By Date.

The crazy little icon that looks like it was drawn by a child in Kindergarten (three points followed by taller line) = Date of Manufacture

Transmitters are labeled with: Date of Manufacture and Ship By Date

Sensors are labeled with: Use By Date

EDIT: The transmitter warranty is not the same in all countries. However, I believe they all use the SB (Ship By Date) in the wording. So potentially, this approach allows Dexcom to produce the transmitters with minimal labeling data changes for the country of destination. One would assume there would need a language translation at a minimum but perhaps the underlying data elements need not be changed? That is mostly speculation. Except the part about transmitter warranty not being uniform across all countries. That part was fact."

2 Likes