Help: what are your symptoms when low [prep for wiki]?

i also have this happen. if my husband is home, he must tear me apart from whatever it is i think i am doing and pour juice down my throat. and i get very beligerent (“leave me alone!!! I’ll take care of it myself!!!” ).

typically, i dont notice lows until i am around 50, but by the time i do hit my low 50s, i see bright lights and spots and cannot focus my eyes. i get confused about simple things. i cannot make treatment decisions very well ( i can stare into the refridgerater at my “candy supply drawer” for a good ten minutes before making a decision about which candy i want, all the while my husband is screaming at me to take some juice or chocolate milk)

but generally, i am comfortable in my 50s, so i feel low a little too late. sometimes i must be in my 40s or even 30s before i realize, OMG, i NEED SOME SUGAR!!! (and by then, i am, like so many of you guys, sweating and shaking with heart palpitations and my ears ringing, and i am completely unable to concentrate on anything.

one thing that seems to be a theme here is that some of you guys experience hunger when low; this has yet to happen to me. hummmm…

4 Likes