Failing Omnipod: slow leak

I may be wrong, but I “believe” the intent was to joke about shoving it between the literal ribs…(inside the body)?? I laughed when I read it as I got a joke out of it. If it wasn’t a joke, though, I’m definitely intrigued as to how it hurt! :smiley:

Ha! If it was a joke I completely missed it!

Read it this morning before coffee so I might have been a bit thick.

2 Likes

It was not a joke. I inserted it as per @Eric’s diagram, and it hurt like heck. If that’s unusual, it’s good to know, but it may be a while before I have the nerve (so to speak) to try again.

Put a new one far round on my back for the first time, as per @Aaron’s picture, and it is very, very comfortable, which surprises me because I thought sitting and so on would press on it all the time.

3 Likes

The trick is to pinch up the skin so that it’s not going into the cartilage. If you press down on the pod without pinching up, I could see that it might go into cartilage, and that could hurt.

If you are willing to try it again some day, pinch and lift the skin up (lean over forward to give yourself “more skin” to work with).

Sorry about the pain. I’ve put those things everywhere to try and avoid reusing spots too much. Forearms. Back of forearms like it’s a wristwatch. Calves. Just all over.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Eric. I pinched as normal but didn’t lift. I’ll keep that in mind for next time: pinch, lift, and lean over – sort of like I’m having a heart attack …

4 Likes

@Beacher I’m so sorry about the pain!

EH tried the back two days before I saw @Aaron’s handy tutorial. He hated it. Pressed on his back all day though work (desk job from home). He’s reluctant to try there again.

Tried the leg for the CGM for the first time and it got ripped off with pulling off pants. Tried again, this time shaved a patch of skin underneath, but it’s supremely itchy. Also did the OmniPod on the other thigh. So far so good, but really itchy. I speculate that shaving plus rubbing of heavy material is irritating.

1 Like