Dexcom Quarterly Earnings Call

What I am saying is that the Dexcom CEO himself very specifically has stated that the G6 sensors will be able to be restarted. I have seen nothing from the CEO personally to indicate that he is in any way preparing to go back on his word.

Here what I am saying is that unlike the G5 which has the same accuracy as the (current) G4, the G6 will very specifically have a higher level of accuracy at time of launch.

1 Like

I hope the receiver screen rotates. As shown in the picture, they have the dimensions oriented wrong.

And I hope the FDA permitted them to allow adjustments to the BG scale. The 400 high level on the current receiver is an FDA requirement. :roll_eyes: It really reduces the effectiveness of the graph.

1 Like

@Eric

I just read through the G5 Manual as revised for the Touchscreen Receiver. I hate to say it but it is not impressive.

I hazard a guess you would be happier with the current non-touchscreen Receiver. I certainly am keeping our current non-touchscreen receiver.

Of course the Dex App on the Smart Device still rotates and still has the option to select the max scale of either 300 or 400.

Does it not rotate?!

Look at the picture. That’s just dumb!

1 Like

Nor did I think the touchscreen receiver was a better product than the current model, when I was part of that study this summer. :scream_cat:

@CatLady - Did you ever find out if the Touchscreen Receiver has the backfill capability?

Alas no, they were very unforthcoming about those kinds of issues.

I was wondering more if you saw it yourself first-hand as either working or not working?

I didn’t have any significant dropouts, no more than 5-10 minutes, and no data was lost.

1 Like

Did it rotate? Was the BG scale adjustable?

1 Like

Can’t remember and yes.

1 Like

Dexcom yesterday reiterated that their number one priority is to get a G6 no-calibration 10-day sensor into market sometime next year.

Whether they do this with two launches, first launch being G6 w/ 1-day calibration followed by second launch of G6 no-calibration is yet to be seen and depends on talks with the FDA. Dexcom would rather not have two launches but they also do not want to delay the G6 too far into the 2018 year waiting on the no-calibration. So they could go either way at this point depending on how the Dexcom/FDA talks go. Dexcom specifically stated it will be the exact same sensor for the G6 once per day calibration vs the G6 no-calibration.

Next priority is to get the G6 no-calibration for a label change to 14-day wear along with getting the First Generation Verily to market which will also be no-calibration and 14-day wear.
Second generation Verily has a goal for market launch in 2020 or 2021 and will have a significant cost reduction over the 1st gen Verily.
Both 1st and 2nd generation Verily will be targeted to non-intensive Type 2 patients.

Dexcom is currently in early stages of clinical trials with non-intensively managed Type 2 population.

Dexcom continues to speak of patients that routinely restart the Dexcom sensors. Their best guess is patients have an average wear of 12 days on a sensor although they do not have hard numbers and admit this is a best guess. They continue to provide no indication of stopping this practice in conjunction with the G6 and every indication of this continuing as is in terms of it being patient choice to restart a sensor (whether the existing G4/G5 sensor or the upcoming G6 sensor).

The Verily product is not expected to be able to be restarted. When that hits its 14 day mark, it will be done and discarded.

2 Likes

So essentially we will be getting less of them via insurance. If your prescription and insurance coverage is for 52 per year now, with the G6 it will be 36.

Doesn’t matter much to me one way or the other, but for me they don’t usually last much more than 7 days before falling off.

1 Like

Sure - that would be one way of looking at it.
:slight_smile:

I am hoping it will increase the quality wear time for us with an improved sensor. There appears to be a pretty big difference from person to person how long the sensor lasts even if discounting the “sticky” factor of the patch. (As that can be fixed with various forms of tapes or covers.)

The G6 sensor is clearly different from the G4/G5 sensor.

My hope is that if we can almost always get 10 days minimum quality wear time from the current G4/G5 sensor (sometimes going up to 13 days still with reliable data) then perhaps with an improved sensor designed for 14 days would it be possible for us to get up to 3 weeks? That would be pretty incredible for us. However we will not know until we actually get the opportunity to try them out.

Potentially cutting in half the number of times the sensor has to get changed-out would be really nice. The worst part of the Dexcom system is the sensor insertion. In addition to reducing the number of times this has to happen, I am also optimistically hoping the new sensor inserter device (the one not released that sort of looks like a computer mouse?) for the G6 will live up to the promises and make the entire insertion process much easier, faster and less painful. This also would be huge. An easier insertion and fewer of them will be a double win.

I have signed up for trials that could potentially have us wearing the G6 before it is released. Actually getting onto one of the trials is of course outside our control. (They are not trials for the G6 specifically but rather AP trials that would use the G6 as one of the components.)

3 Likes