Daisy Mae's swimming BG thread

Beware the power of those gtabs after 2+ hours of ZB!!
:grinning:

But seriously, you only went up to 121. A year ago that woulda been your starting point! Look at it with perspective. Today was outstanding!

3 Likes

that’s being very kind. a year ago my starting point was closer to 150-160 :wink:

3 Likes

LIVED AND LEARNED EXPERIMENT #1:

so as a very slow learner, i have finally had a day where i was able to have high respect for the power of glucose tablets on 2 hours of ZB. when i left for the pool today, and i would NEVER have done this a year ago, my BG was just 75. i simply could not get it any higher than that as i waited (impatiently) from the time i turned off my pump. (these are the times when i begin wondering if i am truly diabetic or not :wink:.)

when i was ready to jump in the pool, my BG had (finally) risen to 84. i took 2 Gtabs (which is what i took last week for the exact same starting BG), and i jumped in.

after my first leg, my BG had gone up, but not terribly. i took no more tabs for the remainder of my swim. and i swam my heart out. i could hardly breath and my muscles were burning. i swam as hard and as fast as i could. i thought of absolutely nothing but to keep on pumping. and absolutely no fear of going low at all.it was an amazing swim. (and although i usually am able to do a mad dash home afterwards, my legs felt like rubber and the dash was more like a drunken Gumby stumbling down the streets.)

i really hope tonight goes well. its been 3 days in a row of swimming. i changed my dinnertime IC to 1:18. hopefully that will fend off any potential crash. (last night i went low and stayed low for about 4 hours despite fast carbs fueling. it was very uncomfortable.and it really wore my patience.)

here are today’s stats:

1pm bg 75
1:15 bg 84 took 2 Gtabs
1:55 bg 110
2:25 bg 104
2:55 bg 90
3:25 bg 76
bolused as usual.

cant wait to see what tomorrow brings.

signing out,

DM

2 Likes

Wow! This is possibly the best you have ever had, right?

Isn’t that an awesome feeling?!?

Cut that basal this evening!

1 Like

i think this is because i am getting better and better at leaving the house with a target BG and feeling less anxious about swimming “low.” i am trusting in the FORCE and the ZB.

thanks to you :blush:

OMG!!! and the adrenaline rush is to die for, too :star_struck:

PS: just turned my basal down a notch. thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

Whoa, those are awesome stats, too!! Definitely not from a T1D! :wink: Tomorrow will bring great things!

2 Likes

didnt you get the memo? i’m no longer diabetic. i am cured (so long as there is water around :rofl:).

3 Likes

I’M ON A ROLL EXPERIMENT #1:

today’s prep started out a little wonky. when i turned off my pump, my BG was 87. i’ve been able to maintain some low numbers this week, and i felt that 87 was on the high side( can’t even believe i am saying that. ) so i went for my go-to, Diet Pepsi, which always brings my BGs down a notch. well this wasnt one of the wisest choices i have ever made. my BG went down rather quickly, and before i knew it, my BG was 69. well i was 1 full hour off all basal, and i couldnt really decide how much power a glucose tablet would have, but, in a panic, i took 1 tablet. and then i waited.well, 1/2 hour later, my BG was restored (86). i felt more confident, but was feeling a bit stupid, too; i most likely did not really need to take the tab. my BGs would have come back up on their own if i had been more patient. well, it was what it was. when i got to the pool, though i was pleasantly surprised.

here are today’s stats:

11am bg 87 bolused .4 units and drank 2 bottles of Diet Pepsi
1pm bg 97
1:15 bg 110 took 1 Gtab
1:50 bg 84 took 3/4 of a Gtab
2:20 bg 81
2:50 bg 86 bolused 2.4 units (3:20 bolused 1.4 units, an experiment for my shakes and turned down my basal to 97% for 5 hours)
3:30 bg 60 took 1 Gtab and drank my shakes

it was a very hard, strong swim today. i swam till it hurt. if i left the pool walking like Gumby yesterday, today was even worse. i had lost complete coordination of my limbs :upside_down_face: but somehow i managed to make it home. phew. tomorrow is a “recovery day,” so i wont be swimming; but, i will be back in the pool on Sunday.

Have a great weekend everybody!!!

signing out,
DM

3 Likes

Whoa, FANTASTIC! Enjoy your day off!!

2 Likes

thanks, Trying !!! appreciate the encouragement.

currently, i am prepping for my swim. my husband just came back from the gym where the pool is, and he said that it was practically empty. i hope it stays that way. i LOVE and empty pool!!! :star_struck:

my body is exhausted from this week, and there is another heat advisory on, but i know being in the pool will feel wonderful.

will keep you all posted :blush:

DM

2 Likes

Yep, feeling it now! Not too bad YET! Stay cool, and hope you enjoyed an EMPTY pool today!

1 Like

the pool was totally empty, and it was sheer delight!!!

2 Likes

LOW AND FLAT AND THE BEST EVER SWIMMING EXPERIMENT #1:

First off, i must say that swimming on a Sunday seems to be a really good day and time to be in the pool. i dont know why there is no one in the pool (especially on a day that is so terribly hot ). no children, no water joggers, no swimming lessons and no adults either. unbelievable to me. but, i am extremely grateful. what luxury to have (almost) my own private swimming hole. :wink:

today was my 5th day of swimming this week. i have needed less and less insulin (both basal and bolus). my insulin sensitivity is rediculously low. my ICs are all changed. and i am on a running 95% TB throughout the day and an 85% basal from the evening throughout the night.

today i upped the ante on the scale of daring myself even more than previous days. it was like out of a dream!!! i never in a million years thought i could achieve what i have achieved this week…but particularly today. OMG!!!

here are today’s stats:

12:50 bg 70
1:15 bg 87 ( took 2 tabs)
1:50 bg 79 (took 1 tab)
2:20 bg 86
2:50 bg 76 (bolused 2.4 units for replacement basal)
3:20 bg 86 (bolused 1.2 units to cover 32 gms of shakes ; total experimentt of under-bolusing because i have become so insulin sensitive; dont know if it will work out, but i’ll find out later)
3:30 bg 58 (took 1 tab and drank my re-fuel shakes)

i am currently in adrenaline Heaven. it is sheer bliss. and I feel TOTALLY UNLIMITED!!!

i’ll be back in the pool on wednesday (MD appointments back to back in NYC Monday and Tuesday) and then i plan to swim each day of the week after that (except saturday).

signing out,

DM

PS: today’s swim was extremely strong, fast and hard. total muscle burn. and, on a scale of 1 - 10 difficulty, it was somewhere between an 8+ and a 9.

4 Likes

Wow! How nice to have the pool all to yourself and then to have such great numbers! I’m always impressed when I read your results!

2 Likes

Wow!!! Me, too! Totally amazing for sure! @daisymae, you are unlimited! Good luck w/ the MD appts this week!

3 Likes

This was awesome! How great is that?!

But I never doubted for a second that you would be doing this. Just takes practice, and you were willing to keep working toward this!

Congrats on your awesome day!

2 Likes

Eric, you and our FUD community pulled me through, rooted me on, gave me confidence, encouraged my successes, and you continued promising me that this was possible when i never thought it could be for me.

i came into this process with
fear
doubt
confusion AND
willingness
a touch of courage
perseverence
and a great desire to live UNLIMITED :grinning:

i am still in shock. and, the funny thing is that my mother is insistant about having brunch with me on this coming Sunday (my favorite day in the pool) and i am thinking of ways to get out of the obligation :rofl: !!!

3 Likes

Bummer! Is there a way you could possibly do both?

1 Like

Do the right thing DM. :+1: Have brunch with your momma! :heart:

1 Like

unfortunately no. i cannot do both. its an either/or situation. the time i can be in the pool starts at 1:15pm till 4pm. that’s exactly when brunch takes place. and, yes, it is a BUMMER, but eric is right: have brunch with momma. :sunny:

2 Likes